Updated: Jul 13 2013
||Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Edmonton Capital Region, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client who is a leading Oil and Gas company are currently looking for a Lead Electrical Design Engineer on a contract basis to be responsible for the electrical power design projects.
* Responsible to provide conceptual front end design expertise for electrical power systems within a multi-discipline design/construction group.
* Responsible to review and provide feedback on external consultant designs and material selections to provide cost effective, long term solutions for the projects and ensure company best practices are implemented.
* Monitor project activities including quality, cost, scope and schedules of work performed by consultants within assigned area.
* Accountable to ensure design compliance with project procedures, engineering design standards (including providing recommendations for improvements), regulatory requirements related to the field of expertise.
* Responsible for ensuring that, throughout the execution process, a high level of communications is maintained with both internal groups, external stakeholders and design consultants.
* Responsible for providing monthly reporting on all assigned projects, and compliance with my clients Project Management procedures and processes.
* Provide field support during construction and commissioning activities.
* Assist with development opportunities of other engineers within the group.
The ideal Candidates must have:
* A Professional Engineer with a minimum of 10+ years of progressively responsible experience that includes a minimum of 3 years project experience including leadership experience involving a number of internal and external stakeholders.
* Demonstrated design experience on the design of medium and high voltage power systems.
* Good leadership, project management, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
* A good collaborative work style.
* Ability to travel and work throughout North America.
*Good written and oral communication skills.
* Eligible to live and work in Canada
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa andAustralasiasupport projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available