Updated: Jul 3 2013
||Piping Engineer, design, fabrication
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
An International Operating Company in Lagos, Nigeria is looking to recruit a Senior Piping Engineer. The purpose of the job is to provide piping engineering expertise to aid in the execution of the Company's onshore and offshore projects and ongoing operations.* Co-ordinate the pipeline construction engineering and constructability aspects of projects to ensure that objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule with available construction equipment, assets and resources.
For this position, preference will be given to Nigerian nationals only
- Monitor and review Contractors pipeline engineering effort, ensure constructability and make recommendations to Senior Engineering Co-ordinator.
- Draft/ review/ approve the pipeline route survey and pipelay work processes.
- Prepare the documentation required by the necessary regulatory bodies with special reference to the pipeline route survey and laying works.
- Prepare and maintain the BOD for the pipeline project in order to ensure that all disciplines work to consistent and up-to-date information. The BOD will be maintained in a "current" condition throughout the project phases by regular review and updates.
- Develop specifications for material selection, procurement, installation, testing, commissioning and operation of the various pipelines in service with Company.
- Ensure that our clients quality control procedures are being followed while performing the various tasks on the project as per QMS and PQP.
- Perform construction engineering calculations for onshore and offshore pipelines, in accordance with international codes and standards, good engineering practice and specific project requirements.
- Interact with other disciplines as required for design development on projects and with Contractors / Vendors / PSC department. Co-ordinate with other lead engineers for interdisciplinary tasks.
- Prepare and present man-hour estimates, PEP and weekly reports, progress reports, etc as required.
- Technically evaluate and specify equipment and services associated with pipeline route survey, pipeline installation, PLEM installation, sub-sea mattress installation, subsea pipeline crossing construction, etc.
- Co-ordinate and maintain pipelines environmental assessment studies and developing mitigation strategies.
- Provide offshore pipelay barge engineering support as well as other interdisciplinary support should the requirement arise.
- Carry out site visits, offshore and onshore, as required, to confirm that the works is being executed by Contractor as specified in the Contract and with optimum planning.
- Monitor and approve as-built documentation prepared by construction contractor, perform walk-throughs where necessary and prepare close-out reports.
- University Engineering Degree (Mechanical)
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience with an oil industry design and fabrication contractor
- Must have worked in as a piping engineer/senior piping engineer for an Operator and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects
- Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment
- Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least five (5) years
Terms & Conditions
- For this position, preference will be given to Nigerian nationals only.
- Work Cycle: Monday - Saturday (07:30 - 16:30 hrs, with additional hours as operationally required).
- Rotation: National Resident Contract position.
- Shift: n/a
An International Operating Company in Lagos, Nigeria.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available