Oxford Solutions, Inc.
Updated: Jun 14 2013
||Arizona, AZ, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Responsible for direction, planning and management of the commissioning phase of capital projects, beginning in the early phases of project definition with project execution planning, phasing and scheduling, and continuing throughout the erection and commissioning phases of the project. The scope of this position includes the performance evaluation of facilities, systems, and assemblies to ensure they meet defined objectives and criteria. Manages the all inclusive quality-oriented process for the planning, delivery, verification, and managing risks to critical functions.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing comprehensive commissioning plans, manpower resources and managing the pre-commissioning and commissioning effort effectively as required for start up of capital projects
- Works with EPCM contractor to obtain pre-commissioning plan to be used as the basis for the wet/ore commissioning and start up plan
- Reviews a P&IDs, design drawings and specifications to fully understand designated project areas and pre-commissioning systems and subsystems. Understands structure of turn over packages as defined on markup P&ID's and flow sheets furnished by the EPCM. Provides input as needed on TOP structure to EPCM as required to ensure logical turnover sequence
- Reviews all scope outside EPCM battery limits for items to be supplied by owner. Any interface items required for successful plant startup such as power supply, water supply, control system design and supply, reagents, raw material feed supplies, ancillary systems, etc, shall be included in the integrated commissioning plans as well as an integrated construction and mechanical completion milestone schedule
- Collaborates with Construction Managers and discipline Superintendents to understand construction sequence and upcoming areas for pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Develops commissioning schedule, plans, and procedures and conducts punchlist inspections
- Ensures that all commissioning activities are captured in the project systems and works with Document Controls to prepare turnover package documentation
- Directs the activities of consultants and contractors
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field or equivalent in training and/or field experience and a minimum ten (10) years experience in the field OR
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum fifteen (15) years progressive experience in the field
- Preferred Qualifications (e)
- Five (5) or more years experience in a managerial or supervisory role
- Experience providing direct supervision to a team ranging from one (1) to as many as thirty (30) employees
- Experience establishing and enhancing health, safety and environmental (HSE) systems and procedures related to commissioning
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 70% of the time
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting, and occasionally in an outdoor or plant environment
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in an outdoor or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available