Udelhoven Oilfield System Services, Inc.
Updated: Aug 5 2013
||Project Management, Industrial/Manufacturing
||North Slope, AK, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The North Slope Project Operations Team is a multi-disciplined team, within the client's Engineering Services Group, specifically designed to function as the primary communication and coordination interface between the Engineering Projects Team and Field Operations. The Project Operations Team consists of the following positions:
Project Operations Team Lead
Project Operations Team Manager
Project Operations Front-End Loading Lead
Project Operations Start-Up Lead
Project Operations Technical Advisor
The roles and responsibilities of the team members are tailored to meet the specific demands for each of the four major stages of a project (Appraise, Select, Define and Execute). The Project Operations Team Lead provides overall guidance and oversight for the team and its associated Brownfield projects (Category B) throughout the project life cycle.
This position is based on the North Slope with substantial time in Anchorage on a two week on two week off rotational schedule. Some travel will be required to engineering offices and fabrication sites around the country.
- The Project Operations Start-Up Lead (SUL) establishes and maintains interfaces with North Slope-based personnel. The Start-Up Lead facilitates communication between Operations and the Project, Engineering Services and Project Ops Teams. He/she meets regularly with OSMs, MTLs, OTLs, Field O&M TLs, Lead Techs, Operators, Maintenance Techs, etc. to provide awareness of project scope and status. He/she ensures all needed start-up spares and O&M spares are identified and ordered. Additionally, the Start-Up Lead coordinates the Operations reviews of key project deliverables and provides general project support, as needed, on the North Slope.
- Within the Project Team, the Start-Up Lead is responsible for developing and implementing the organizational structure for Operations to support the project. He/she also assists in the preparation of the Operations support budget and submits it to the Project Manager.
- During the project, the Start-Up Lead formally documents and transmits Operation's input to the Project Team via action item lists, project notes, and e-mails. The Start-Up Lead develops and maintains the Operations Readiness Checklist and develops the SimOps Plan for project implementation. The SUL will also be responsible for understanding and following Cat B processes..
- The Start-Up Lead is responsible for coordinating Operation's input and participating in PHAs, HAZOPs, HAZIDs and PHSSERs. When necessary, he/she takes the lead in arranging reviews. The Start-Up Lead also assists in the follow-up of action Items and findings. He/she will also assist in the delivery of Operation's action items, should the short-handed nature of plant staffing prevent timely resolution.
- The Start-Up Lead is responsible for developing the PSSR strategy and assisting facility engineers and OTLs with the PSSR process to ensure that MOCs are approved through Stage 4 prior to Start-Up.
- The Start-Up Lead obtains and documents Operation's input for the development of the handover strategy and commissioning plan. He/she works with the Commissioning Manager and the GOC Team to develop systemization drawings.
- The Start-Up Lead is responsible for providing input to the Project Manager with regard to the Start-Up Plan and the MOC Strategy. For smaller projects, the Start-Up Leads will act as the lead over these deliverables.
- The Start-Up Lead develops and executes plans pertaining to Energy Isolation Procedures, System Description Manuals, PSM operating procedures, Safe Operating Limits Tables, PM Procedures, and training requirements. The Start-Up Lead must coordinate with the Project Operations Team Manager to ensure adequate OPS Tech Advisor resources/expertise is available to meet the requirements.
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 10+ years experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years experience in project development/management using a staged-gate process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in all aspects of reading and interpreting Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs)
- Self-directed individual requiring minimal supervision.
- Develops collaborative relationships and contributes to team success.
- Actively participates as a member of a team to move toward goal completion.
- Able to work effectively with counterpart on two week alternating schedule.
- Ability to work under time constraints while meeting timelines and deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills for interaction with client base.
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Experience in heavy industry, preferably operations/management of Oil, Gas, or Chemical processes.
- Project/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering background/skills desirable.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent with 20+ years of relevant experience.
- Post-secondary degree in a technical discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience preferred.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available