Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Entry level position for personnel with minimal field experience.
• Under direct supervision of a more senior well planner or well planning engineer.
• Gathering preliminary data and design well plans in customary formats.
• Work with property lines to ensure that the well plans meet leased line offset criterion.
• Under direct supervision, calculates well paths using information provided by client's engineers and geologists.
• Prepare planning reports, preliminary plots, and wall plots for clients, SDI office, and field use.
• Update appropriate databases with daily surveys provided by SDI field personnel.
• Assist field personnel in monitoring PVA (plan vs. actual).
• Provide PVA plots and reports to clients at desired intervals.
• Prepare EOW (End of Well) reports and plots for clients and SDI office at the end of each job.
• Perform other relevant duties as required.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Under direct supervision, support district well planners to cover peak loads, provide computer support and solves problems.
• Provide well planning support for tenders and initial support when launching new districts
• May participate in industry best practices group (SPE, IADD, AADE, etc.) if applicable and approved.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
• Pursues every job with drive and determination.
• Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions.
• Is personally committed to continual improvement and client satisfaction.
• Listens and proficient in oral and written communication with managers, peers, and clients.
• Able to understand and follow instructions.
• Presents self with professional appearance and behavior.
• Ability to multi-task.
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical, Petroleum, Civil, Industrial, Aerospace, Math, and Physics) or equivalent required. Appropriate substitute of both employer coursework and industry experience may be considered.
• 1 - 3 years field experience in upstream oil and gas field drilling, surveying, measurement while drilling or directional planning.
• Desire computer skills experience in MS Office.
• Proficiency in Landmark Graphics COMPASS™ a plus.
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
• Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 45 lbs., perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
• Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of transportation.