Working under the direction of a PMO Program Manager, the Project Controls Specialist (PCS) will support the Project Managers and ERM Partners in Charge (PICs) with rigour in project planning and controls, accounting and finance activities to successfully deliver large scale complex projects on time and on budget and with accordance to ERM's Best Practice Large Project Management (LPM) Standards/Guidelines.
The PCS will form part of ERM PMO team which will typically oversee large scale complex projects (circa 100) which exceed US$ 1.5m and be over 1 year in duration.
• Supports project tem in establishing appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to translate orders into sequential work schedule: Draws up critical path schedule and lead time of each operation to meet completion deadlines
• Analyzes specifications and performs mathematical calculations to determine production processes, tools, and human resource requirements
• Plans and schedules workflow for each operation according to previously established sequences and lead times
• Plans sequence of operations
• Confers with ERM PIC and PMs to determine status of assigned projects
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
• Prepares monthly status reports
• Helps PIC-PM team project critical deliverables, including identification of cost impact items, management of contingency.
• Develops and evaluates major project cost estimates and extended budget projections to identify and quantify critical budgetary, cost, schedule, technical, and programmatic risk factors in accordance to ERM's Best Practice Large Project Management Standards/Guidelines
• Performs variance analysis, costing, budgeting, forecasting, and inventory and material analysis
• Gathers relevant data, assesses its quality, applies costing models, and develops new costing algorithms when required
• Researches and interprets complex technical, cost, and schedule information in order to develop applicable cost models
• Ensure the project control requirements are properly defined and implemented for all contractors and third parties.
• Manage and pursue all changes by continuously monitoring scope of work and incorporating approved changes into the cost forecast
• Ensure that progress measurement tools are fully implemented, well analysed and effectively reported.
Project accounting and finance:
• Understands basic revenue models, p/l, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly,
• Understands ERM's pricing model and billing procedures
• Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
• BS degree in Engineering, Construction or equivalent
• Typically at least 4 years of Project Controls experience with large scale projects ideally within EPC environment
• Experience of working on large scale complex projects in Oil & Gas, Mining or Power sectors
• Experience of working for a global organization
• Proven track record of working on large scale complex projects concurrently
• Strong experience with Primavera, MS Project, Prolog, Oracle or other project management software package is required, with demonstrable expertise in critical path scheduling
• Microsoft Office experience including proficiency in developing and using Excel spreadsheets to interpret project performance and identify actions to enhance margin and risk management is required
• Excellent influencing and coaching skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
• Fluency in both written and verbal English is required, an additional language would be advantageous
• Comfortable with international travel.
The successful applicant must have experience working on International Large - Scale Capital Projects within the Environment, Construction, Civil Engineering. This role is not suited to individuals with ERP, or IT Infrastructure Program Management background.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM is the world's leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have over 140 offices in 39 countries and employ around 5,000 professionals, providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. In doing so, we have become one of the world's largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.