SGS North America Inc
Updated: May 9 2013
||Project Management, Multi-task - excellent communication - analytical - Filed Supervision
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Deer Park, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Project Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service that satisfies SGS high standards and client requirements through the effective and timely coordination with all involved parties of new and ongoing projects for key customers. He or she is also responsible for all processes required to find resources (inspectors/equipment/services), developing processes, procedures, instructions and assistance to all involved parties including customer, vendor, project sites, SGS job site crew and other service providers. Focusing on effective communication, quality reports and budget control with efficient work execution and accurate invoicing in a timely manner.
Operations Manager, Supply Chain Services
• Support project team to gather requirements
• Create a project plan to assign team responsibilities
• Develop and cultivate a team approach to projects
• Identify, manage and report project risks
• Manage customer expectations
• Track, monitor and communicate task status for each team member
• Help to resolve and remove barriers for project success
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Preferred 5 years of experience in the related field/industry
• Preferably Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal
• At least an associate degree with industry experience preferably Bachelors degree.
• Familiar with QA/QC of structures.
- Develop and maintain business relation with key customers.
- Implement and maintain SGS Safety Policy
- Cost Analysis for project proposals and execution.
- Writing proposals for the customers for various projects relating to power generation/transmission / distribution, oil/gas, chemical, steel industries and transfer of technology.
- Proposal presentation to the customers when needed.
- Correspondence for contract negotiations and review of contracts/ orders from the customers.
- Planning, coordination and execution of the projects and spot order.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for efficient execution of the project.
- Writing work instructions for quality inspections, testing and audits.
- Review and analysis of inspection/test/audit results and preparation of reports.
- Review and analysis of quality standards for different industrial products mostly for electrical power generation, transmission/distribution and oil/gas industry including pressure vessels and process control equipment.
- When required visit job sites to help, train or assist filed staff.
- Work with team for continuous improvement.
- When required participate in group meetings.
- Ensure that all transactions are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
Other duties as assigned
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Target driven
• Organizational skills
• Basic understanding in the related field
• Capacity to be trained to use Group sanctioned systems
• Strong service oriented mindset
• Ability to work independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously
• Team player
• Good communication, interpersonal and listening skills
• CWI & API Certifications is a plus
PHYSICAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The Project Manager will be required to work in an office environment - 75%
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsiblilites that are required
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available