Shell Pipe Line Company LP
Updated: May 1 2013
||Electrical Engineering, Process Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Electrical and Process Automation Assurance Specialist is a key team member of the Shell Pipeline Reliability and Integrity Group. This role is responsible for the following:
- Drive the Electrical Safety Program for Supply and Distribution (S&D) as the Electrical and Automation discipline lead with aim to deliver Safety Goal Zero in design, construction, and operation of pipeline and distribution assets.
- Engage with Engineering staff to assure the appropriate application of electrical and process automation Company engineering standards and required national codes of practice for S&D projects.
- Provide direction and oversight to Operations staff to assure the appropriate application of asset management and maintenance controls.
- Interpret and apply company standards, statutes, and industry codes related to electrical & automation design.
- Implement Company electrical & automation design processes and procedures to ensure that process safety goals are met.
- Coordinate the competence program for the S&D Electrical & Automation Technical Authorities.
- Deliver technical assurance training programs to Engineering and Operations staff.
- Update and review maintenance standards.
- Demonstrate proven knowledge and previous experience serving on project teams.
- Work independently as wells as lead and drive program improvements across cross functional teams.
- Display strong problem solving, analytical, influencing and communication skills.
- The Electrical Assurance Specialist is expected to provide the following leadership skills:
- Lead the Electrical and Process Automation discipline to ensure the health of the discipline via annual health checks and serve as representative on the Shell Global Discipline Network.
- Ensure the Electrical Safety Programs are aligned with the Global Discipline Network and proactively manage risk with leading indicators and actions to drive Safety Goal Zero in the design, construction, and operation of S&D assets.
- Provide technical assurance in the design and construction of electrical power systems and process automation and control systems for new assets.
- Provide technical assurance in the application of operational controls relating to electrical power systems and process automation and control systems.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance guidance to Engineering for all capital and maintenance work related to electrical power systems and process automation and control systems.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance guidance to Operations for all inspection and maintenance tasks relating to electrical power systems and process automation and control systems that support the S&D assets.
- Ensure application of properly designed electrical power systems and process automation & control systems for projects.
- Provide training development and instruction to employees on the technical assurance process.
- Manage electrical & process automation programs across diverse cultures over a large geographical area.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience with projects in both electrical and process automation disciplines.
- The Electrical Assurance Specialist is expected to possess the following skills:
- Proven knowledge in pipeline and distribution operations and the associated regulations.
- Expertise in electrical power systems and process automation and control systems.
- Relevant industry or state accreditation (P.E.) and active participation on industry standards boards and research organizations (e.g. API, ISO, NFPA, ANSI/IEEE).
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available