Shell Pipe Line Company LP
Updated: May 1 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Carson, CA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Lead and inspire the Facility Engineering team to deliver high quality, professional support to Operations and Business Development Stakeholders.
- Recommend value adding project selection, completion and start-up.
- Challenge and support Operations colleagues to ensure compliance with legislation and all HSSE requirements, process safety, asset management, and group standards in all operational activities.
- Align activities with Process Safety, D-GAME Global Processes and manage MOC (management-of-change) issues.
- Manage allocated resources and business activities to maximize asset value.
- Ensure cost effective delivery of engineering services through the use of fit for-purpose standards/practices, and ESP (Engineering Service Providers).
- Help deliver Capex projects on quality, budget, schedule, and construction safety.
- Responsible for execution of Non-Routine Maintenance projects, Process Safety and R&I programs.
- Report to the Canada Lead Facilities Engineer, and liaise with and seek technical and process direction from the Regional R&I Lead and the Regional ME Lead.
- Work closely with Business Unit partners on an ad hoc basis; may also be required to assist in cross functional activities.
- Analyze hazards of work situations and take steps to ensure safety.
- Display strong communication skills both upward and to the staff and colleagues.
- Display strong influencing and communication skills to work through globally standardized processes.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or other equivalent engineering discipline.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of engineering experience; with proven background in project/program management and execution of numerous concurrent smaller projects.
- Proven knowledge of ASME and API standards as well as DOT CFR Part 192 and 195.
- Proven experience analyzing and troubleshooting mechanical and rotating problems.
- Demonstrated experience applying internal and regulatory standards to new and existing equipment installations.
- Willingness to travel up to 10-20% of time across several states in U.S.A.
- Proven ability to manage numerous geographically disperse locations and remote staff members.
- Proven experience in Pipelines & Terminals operations is strongly (preferred).
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available