Shell Pipe Line Company LP
Updated: May 1 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||New Orleans, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Accountable to insure implementation of projects utilizing Shell's project management process, Opportunity Realization Process (ORP),with key success indicators which lead to successful project management and execution. Responsibilities include management of projects from 1 million to 50+ million through the process from opportunity framing to commissioning & handover to operations.
- Key aspects of this position include leveraging the front-end development of the project in the Identify to Define phase and honoring the promise in the execution phase by choosing the right contracts and contractors, selecting the right method of management, and delivering the value with tight control and supervision of those contracts and contractors.
- Accountable for coaching, measuring, and developing documents and strategies to insure:
- Project premise development
- Project team communication
- Key stakeholder communication and alignment
- Cost and schedule management
- Management of Change
- Sharing learning's
- Safe work plan development and implementation
- Balance conflicting priorities and requirements while moving the project forward to assure an on time, on budget completion.
- Accountabilities also include:
- Provide leadership and set expectations for the field execution of the project to ensure that the facilities are constructed without any HSSE incidents and within budget and schedule.
- Manage the contract engineering consultants to carry out and deliver the design engineering packages, ender documents, technical specifications, and all other deliverables expected from the consultant.
- Prepare and implement progress reports to track the progress of the overall project against the plan including cost and schedule.
- Develop and implement a project quality and test plan to ensure the construction of the facility is done in accordance to this plan.
- Prepare a commission procedure and checklist for the facility to ensure all aspects of commissioning.
- Liaise with operations to ensure all necessary operational commissioning procedures and requirements are in place.
- Lead and communicate with cross functional teams.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum ten (10) years of project management or operations experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years offshore experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading major capital projects.
- Proven knowledge of offshore pipelines and related equipment, including pump stations, subsea pipelines and risers, subsea tie-ins, etc. in shallow and/or deepwater.
- Proven knowledge of front end engineering design development, construction, start-up, developing technical specifications and bid packages.
- Ability to work irregular hours as may occasionally be necessary for successful projects and changing business needs.
- Ability to travel up to 25% within the US.
- Offshore Pipeline & Terminal Operations & Maintenance experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of codes (DOT) that govern Offshore Pipelines & Terminals preferred.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available