Shell Oil Company
Updated: May 1 2013
||Paramedic / Nurse
||Norco, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Perform physical examinations and medical evaluations for fitness to work, medical surveillance, return to work, pre-placement, injury, illness and medical emergencies.
- Provide medical treatment of minor injuries (including prescribing medications) under the supervision and direction of the physician.
- Perform case management for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Advise on health matters at all levels of the organization.
- Work with human resources, site management, safety, industrial hygiene, and other stakeholders.
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work.
- Perform audiometry, spirometry, vision testing, and electrocardiography.
- Participate in the design and planning of Wellness Programs.
- Manage and actively participate in Wellness initiatives, programs, and educational activities.
- Provide education on various topics.
- Be available for off-hours queries and emergencies.
- Accountable for optimization of budget.
- Other activities as necessary for efficient and effective functioning of the site medical department.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor degree required; Master's or doctoral degree in appropriate field preferred.
- Must either be an Advanced Practice Nurse licensed by the Louisiana Board of Nursing with NP by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners OR be a Physician Assistant licensed by the Louisiana Board of Medical Examiners and PA-C by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Minimum three (3) years of Occupational Medical experience or equivalent required.
- Ability to achieve and maintain certification in hearing conservation and spirometry.
- Working knowledge of the laws pertinent to Occupational Health including OSHA, Workers' Compensation, DOT, HIPAA, ADA, record keeping and retention, and FMLA.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available