Updated: Apr 23 2013
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Williston, ND, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
An individual in this position will support the production engineering staff in completing projects by performing functions involving the retrieval, preparation, processing, manipulation and management of data, including research and reporting functions.
- Develop and maintain analytical spreadsheets, electronic well files and hard well files relative to all areas of production optimization and monitoring
- Query and analyze downtime, downhole failures and daily production trends for oil, gas and water
- Support an in-house developed database for drilling, completion, and production morning reports
- Update wellbore diagrams for operated wells
- Interacts with various departments to obtain necessary information for AFE preparation and tracking:
- Provide invoice coding and cost control support including reconciliation
- Track capital, production, and lease operated expenses
- Operation engineering projects such as:
- Query compressor run time reports
- Update drill, completion, and well work calendars
- Monitor OBO drilling performance, update files and curves
- Prepare well work procedures
- Prepare and track NOI on OAP work for state and BLM requirements
- Annotate logs with geological tops and perforations
- Load and track all construction and major expense projects in MS Project
- Provide monthly updates to extended team
- Develop analytical methods to track success of workover and recompletions
- Create and maintain GIS datasets and maps using ARCGIS
- Maintain performance metrics for the group as well as preparing data for internal and external benchmarking studies
- Assist engineers in the investigation and gathering of offset well information
- Prepare presentation graphics
- Attends weekly meetings where daily operations are discussed
- Assist technical staff with special projects and research as needed
- Other duties, diagnostic and troubleshooting tasks as required by Foremen and Superintendents to maintain operations
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office products: Access, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of ARCGIS, Dwights and HIS software strongly preferred.
- Strong data entry skills with high level of accuracy.
- Must posses advanced analytical skills with an aptitude for math.
- Ability to offer creative solutions and must posses resourceful problem solving skills.
- Energetic self starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility of working extended hours as needed.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to effectively interact with a multidisciplinary team.
- Detailed oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently and within projected deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is strongly preferred (Math, Computer Science, Engineering).
- 5+ yrs prior experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- 3+ yrs prior experience as a Lease Operator, Pumper or Gauger
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available