Scientific Drilling International has an immediate opening for a Compensation Analyst at our Corporate Headquarters in Houston, Texas. Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Has developed a full compensation plan.
• Able to deal with complex compensation drilling shift differentials, various and complicated incentive and bonus plans, etc;
• Functions as a flexible, energetic and engaged professional to provide best practice HR and support the HR Team;
• Must possess excellent mathematical skills, and able to compute complex calculations and monitoring ratios and statistics;
• Must be a good communicator, able to present informative executive level PowerPoint programs and presentations about Compensation program selling company position;
• Must be extremely detail oriented, and accurate while dealing with money and numbers;
• Analyzes compensation, prepare various salary reports for senior management;
• Designs compensation plans, including base pay, allowances, bonus, and equity
• Define compensation guidelines for salary analysis and job leveling;
• Assign compensation guidelines and plans to targeted compensation packages;
• Analyze and review compensation in multiple dimensions (e.g. organization, team, business site);
• Monitor compensation processes across business units to ensure total spend doesn't exceed budget;
• Drill into performance-based pay results to ensure top performers are appropriately compensated;
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports;
• Maintains employee compensation database;
• Maintains Headcount report and other critical HR reports as related to compensation;
• Perform other relevant duties as requested.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Broad knowledge and practice of all compensation areas of HR, Regular Base, Incentive, Bonus and Executive, Deferred compensation plans;
• High degree of speed and accuracy in daily work;
• Proven ability to write, letters, policies, programs with clarity and accuracy;
• Has proven and practiced highly organized processes in all HR work;
• Able to audit HR compensation processes, conduct gap analysis and select and propose solutions for best way forward on HR issues in all functional areas;
• Skill in database management and recordkeeping (Very strong with Excel).
• Experience in an oil field service environment a plus.
• Experience with HRIS systems for compensation management;
• Proven ability to maintain absolute confidence and confidentiality;
• Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and foster teamwork. Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
• 3-5 years of HR experience preferably in oil industry HR or similar experience specifically in Compensation
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in human resources management or proven equivalent experience.
• Professional in Human Resources (SPHR or Certified CEB highly preferred, or the interest to complete soon.
• MA Degree in HR from accredited college or significant equivalent experience a plus
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available