Scientific Drilling International has an immediate opening for a Compensation Analyst at our Corporate Headquarters in Houston, Texas. Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Has developed a full compensation plan.
• Able to deal with complex compensation drilling shift differentials, various and complicated incentive and bonus plans, etc;
• Functions as a flexible, energetic and engaged professional to provide best practice HR and support the HR Team;
• Must possess excellent mathematical skills, and able to compute complex calculations and monitoring ratios and statistics;
• Must be a good communicator, able to present informative executive level PowerPoint programs and presentations about Compensation program selling company position;
• Must be extremely detail oriented, and accurate while dealing with money and numbers;
• Analyzes compensation, prepare various salary reports for senior management;
• Designs compensation plans, including base pay, allowances, bonus, and equity
• Define compensation guidelines for salary analysis and job leveling;
• Assign compensation guidelines and plans to targeted compensation packages;
• Analyze and review compensation in multiple dimensions (e.g. organization, team, business site);
• Monitor compensation processes across business units to ensure total spend doesn't exceed budget;
• Drill into performance-based pay results to ensure top performers are appropriately compensated;
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports;
• Maintains employee compensation database;
• Maintains Headcount report and other critical HR reports as related to compensation;
• Perform other relevant duties as requested.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Broad knowledge and practice of all compensation areas of HR, Regular Base, Incentive, Bonus and Executive, Deferred compensation plans;
• High degree of speed and accuracy in daily work;
• Proven ability to write, letters, policies, programs with clarity and accuracy;
• Has proven and practiced highly organized processes in all HR work;
• Able to audit HR compensation processes, conduct gap analysis and select and propose solutions for best way forward on HR issues in all functional areas;
• Skill in database management and recordkeeping (Very strong with Excel).
• Experience in an oil field service environment a plus.
• Experience with HRIS systems for compensation management;
• Proven ability to maintain absolute confidence and confidentiality;
• Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and foster teamwork. Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
• 3-5 years of HR experience preferably in oil industry HR or similar experience specifically in Compensation
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in human resources management or proven equivalent experience.
• Professional in Human Resources (SPHR or Certified CEB highly preferred, or the interest to complete soon.
• MA Degree in HR from accredited college or significant equivalent experience a plus