Veolia ES Offshore Marine Division
Updated: May 8 2013
||Construction Manager, Project Management
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Veolia ES Offshore Marine Division (OMD) is looking for a Project Manager; this individual is responsible for the overall direction and execution of assigned offshore projects. Must possess offshore construction experience, Gulf of Mexico knowledge preferred
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Provide overall direction and field administration of his/her assigned project.
- Manage the assigned personnel, equipment, and subcontractors.
- Ensure work performance is planned and coordinated according to the schedule, with strict adherence to quality and budget considerations.
- Assist the sales force in the preparation of estimates and procedures while planning projects, with a strong focus on operational efficiencies.
- Maintain project work site in a safe and environmentally sound condition per Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and OSHA requirements.
- Act as Veolia ES OMD's main contact with the customer for the resolution of operational issues, interfacing with the client contact daily and seeking opportunities to sell additional services.
- Initiate corrective action for any unsafe or environmentally unsound conditions.
- Follow and adhere to all Veolia ES OMD regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that all client and company policies are adhered to in the completion of the assigned projects.
- Monitor morale of personnel on project and strive to maintain a ''can do'' attitude.
- Conduct walk-downs of all jobs being performed as part of the project.
- Actively participate in feedback and post-job evaluation portions of the project.
- Maintain a detailed daily log of job-related events.
- Monitor assigned equipment for signs of mechanical problems and work with division management to ensure there are no on-the-job equipment failures.
- Complete post project evaluations of personnel assigned to projects.
- Support and participate in the organization's continual improvement program to conform to ISO 9001:2008 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technology, or related field preferred.
- Experience as described below may be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree.
- 8 years' experience with increasing supervisory responsibilities may be accepted in lieu of a college degree.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must have excellent decision-making ability and seasoned judgment.
- Must understand Veolia ES OMD lines of business.
- Must possess outstanding knowledge of the client's industry with regards to maintenance, services, operations, and their relationship to offshore safety.
- Must be skilled in supervision, planning coordination, and labor relations.
- Must possess strong skills in analysis and problem solving.
- Must be aware of administrative functions' dependence on timely information flow from the project.
- Must be confident, adaptable, self-directed, and organized.
- Must be able to foster team work and inspire trust and integrity.
- Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong work ethic and be committed to Veolia ES OMD's core values of integrity, openness, trust, accountability, and excellence through teamwork.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available