*Please note: Candidate MUST be fluent in Chinese Mandarin*
As the Vice President of Operations responsible for maximizing an organization's operating performance and achieving its financial goals. This position includes a broad array of responsibilities ranging from communicating with the board of directors to preparing operating budgets to overseeing a strategic plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides general oversight of all activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
• Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards, processes and procedures.
• Creates a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff with an effective selection process.
• Specifies accountabilities for management personnel and evaluates performance regularly.
• Works with the executive team by initiating and/or facilitating long-range strategic endeavors.
• Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
• Works with the executive team to ensure financing to support short and long term goals.
• Facilitates the integration of Trisun into the community by using effective marketing and communication activities.
• Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key clients and external stakeholders.
• Oversee insurance matters for commercial, general liability, cargo, workers compensation, and quarterly or monthly reporting on an as needed basis.
• Oversee legal matters with lawyers regarding insurance claims, vendor and client contract negotiation, trademarking, and all other legal matters.
• Represent Trisun as an ambassador at promotional activities at tradeshows, sponsors for non-profit organization, sales activities, and others on an as needed basis.
• Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel 4 direct reports, one of whom is a subordinate supervisor- Senior Administrative Assistant, HR Manager and Accounting Manager
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University.
• Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent preferred.
• Fields of study preferred are General Business, IT, Marketing and/or Accounting.
• More than 10 years related experience and/or training in the Oil & Gas sector, preferably Environmental Waste and Water Management
• Experience with start-up organization preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Bi-lingual capabilities in Mandarin Chinese required to communicate with executives and overseas managers and staff.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
• Must hold a valid driver's license and passport.
• Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
• Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
• Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
• Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives, and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts.
• Intelligence: Understand and comprehend information, as well as find application and value from new knowledge.
• Energetic: Exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm.
• Organized: Methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished.
• Computer Savvy: The knowledge and ability to use computers and technology efficiently and effectively.
• Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems, applications and equipment used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization.
• Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation.
• Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages and embrace dialogue from team members, while anticipating and resolving conflicting differences by exploring mutually agreeable solutions.
• Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
• Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data.
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances, and shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
• Judgment: Demonstrates ability to make independent and sound decisions in all situations.
• Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions.
• Quality: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
• Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations.
*Please note: Candidate MUST be fluent in Chinese Mandarin*