Motiva Enterprises Llc
Updated: May 1 2013
||Oil Terminal / Storage Management, Terminal Operator
||Baltimore, MD, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Terminal Operator is responsible for the safe operation of Motiva's Baltimore, MD Terminal. Terminal Operators are needed 24/7/365 and shifts are selected on a plant seniority basis. It is important to note that new hires are required to successfully complete the Structured Operator Training program, which is designed to be completed within one year of start date. During this extensive training, the candidate must be able to comprehend and retain the information presented.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate the safe movement, receipt, and shipment of product between pipelines, tanker trucks, barges, and storage tanks by strictly following policies and procedures and ensuring proper system line-up
- Ensure that product transactions are properly measured, accurately documented, and conducted in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Ensure that tanks are properly gauged by physically climbing the tanks and reading a gauge tape and plumb bob accurately down to 1/16th of an inch
- Use basic analytical test equipment and follow procedures for performing and documenting product quality assurance testing
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of metering devices, pumps, valves, and related equipment, and perform meter calibration
- Perform and document transport truck and routine terminal inspections
- Stock balancing and reporting
- Issue work permits and oversee contract workers
- Minor Terminal hardware & maintenance purchasing in accordance with company procedures
- Perform terminal "housekeeping" and light labor duties including snow and litter clearing
The role of the Terminal Operator is continuously evolving and will change to fit the needs of the business. Much of the work is outdoors regardless of how inclement the weather may be.
Desired Skills Requirements:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must submit to all background, medical and reference checks, including hair drug testing
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends, overtime and on-call shifts as the Baltimore Terminal is REQUIRED to be manned 24/7/365
- Must reside within 60 minutes of the facility, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes without assistance
- Must be willing to support and abide by the Company's safety policies
- Must be willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without reasonable accommodation
After submitting your application, if you are selected for testing you will be required to attend testing in the Baltimore, MD area, and meet the minimum test score requirement on the Operations Test Battery.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
Hours: FULL TIME
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available