Motiva Enterprises Llc
Updated: May 1 2013
||Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer, Process, Conversion Units, FCCU, HCU, CRU, Refinery, Refining, Petro-chemical
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Port Arthur, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
As the Process Engineer your primary role is to provide process engineering support to one of the many operating units at the Port Arthur Refinery. The Process Engineer will work closely with other members of the Production Team to assure the safe, environmentally sound, reliable and profitable operation of the units.
• Play an active role in the Ensure Safe Production (ESP) process
Provide operating targets
• Troubleshoot issues that impact unit performance
• Participate as appropriate in unit PHA, Corrosion Reviews, Audits, and Management of Change Reviews
• Develop and/or deliver advanced skills training materials as appropriate
• Support the Turnaround process. This will be an opportunity to lead efforts in unit inspection and improvement projects
• Participate in the Projects Development/Scouting process
• Identify opportunities to improve unit safety, environmental performance, reliability and profitability and develop proposals to achieve these opportunities through the capital process
• Develop and maintain a Process Engineering Proactive Monitoring tools and Takeover Manual for the unit
• Serve on Process Engineering Technical Networks and interface with key Projects & Technology corporate personnel
Desired Skills Requirements:
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
• Minimum ten (10) years of Process / Refinery experience
• Proven experience with Conversion Units (FCCU, HCU, CRU)
• High proficiency of principles and practices for refinery processes and technologies
• Demonstrate experience in fundamental Chemical Engineering skills, e.g., Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Kinetics, Thermodynamics, Mass Transfer, etc.
• Proven experience using simulation tools (e.g. Pro II, Aspen, etc.)
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone enquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
Hours: FULL TIME
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available