Shell Oil Products LLC
Updated: May 2 2013
||Business Development, Operations Manager, Sales and Marketing, Wholesale, Retail, Sales, Territory Manager
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The US Fuels Sales and Marketing Wholesale Territory Manager (TM) manages the day to day commercial sales and marketing activities of Shell branded and unbranded fuel products and services provided to wholesalers within an assigned geographic area. This individual will be tasked with owning and growing the relationship with Wholesalers in order to maximize existing sales volume and profitability, facilitate new business development, cultivate a close working relationship with support services, deliver and monitor Customer Value Proposition (CVP) elements, execute marketing programs and improve profitability.
Principle Accountabilities: Relationship Management
- Achieve volume, margin, growth and other targets as set by the Region.
Interact with various levels of management on matters involving planning, development and implementation of programs, promotions, growth, and sales.
- Be an effective business counselor to Shell/Motiva's Wholesalers by being well versed on industry trends, market conditions, and competitor activity.
- Understand the Wholesalers' business model, company structure, and site level economics and discuss the economic tradeoffs of various business decisions.
- Territory Managers should be able to converse in areas such as financing/banking, credit, capital investments, real estate, network/area development, etc. Having a strong commercial mindset is critical in this position.
- Be able to develop appropriate relationships with the most qualified Wholesalers in growth areas to fully develop their business with the right types of facilities to reach desired brand representation with consumers.
- Responsible for monitoring and counseling Wholesalers regarding CVP, brand standards, competitive pricing, and programs.
- Leverage Shell's programs and available resources to sell the brand and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Wholesalers.
- Ensure that the Wholesalers understand the importance of the site staff in delivering the Customer Commitment so that his/her site staff be properly recruited, trained, developed and motivated.
- Define and resolve a wide range of complex situations and problems requiring in-depth analytical, interpretive and evaluative skills.
- Act as a liaison between all internal support services and Wholesalers to assist in operational excellence issues (e.g. invoicing, credit, supply, pricing, contracts, etc.).
Desired Skills Requirements:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in sales.
- Expert knowledge of wholesale, retail, and channel sales, which should include multiple channel of trade experience, and operational positions in the region or headquarters required.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including trips overnight, is required.
- Experience in the wholesale fuel market preferred.
- Must be willing to relocate anywhere in the US.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone enquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
Hours: FULL TIME
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available