Updated: Apr 2 2013
||Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Bakersfield, CA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company's success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron North America Exploration and Production is accepting applications for a Senior Production Engineer located in Bakersfield, California.
Responsibilities of the Senior Production Engineer in the San Joaquin Valley Business Unit area include identification and support of implementation or production enhancing opportunities, expense monitoring and optimization, as well as economic value-adding projects. The selected candidate will provide technical support to area operations. Provide formal mentoring and guidance to 2 to 4 less experienced and new hire engineers.
This role will involve working in one of the premier heavy oil operations in the world. Fields consist of both horizontal and conventional vertical wells. Production methods include steamflood and cyclic steam enhanced oil recovery.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Participate in reservoir or steamflood optimization, data collection and analysis, measurement and process improvements.
• Participate in capital project implementation.
• Provide production optimization.
• Provide workover, well replacement, subsidence monitoring and mitigation, along with well stimulation.
• Cooperate with operations and production engineers, asset development teams, operators and other technical personnel to maximize economic production, as well as assist in the execution of asset development plans.
• Utilize analytical skills with engineering process knowledge to maximize results.
• Identify and implement new technologies for enhanced production and recovery.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Petroleum Engineering.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
• Production engineering experience.
• Production operations experience.
• Database querying and statistical analysis skills.
• The ability to develop workable solutions, as well as implement optimum results using available technical tools (DSS, MS Office, spreadsheets, query, macros and Petroleum Economics Evaluation program).
• Steamflood experience and heat management skills.
• Heavy Oil experience.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available