Shell Exploration & Production Company
Updated: Apr 25 2013
||Civil Engineering, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structures, Civil, Marine, Diving, Offshore, Floating, Structural Analysis
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||New Orleans, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The SEPCo Civil Engineering and Diving Department is responsible for first line oversight of all civil and marine issues for SEPCo structures in the Gulf of Mexico and coordination of all diving activities in Upstream Americas (Gulf of Mexico,Brazil,Alaska,stc.). SEPCo operates 8+ fixed leg structures,5 tension leg platforms,and 1 spar in the Gulf of Mexico. One new tension leg platform and one new fixed-leg platform are under construction and will be installed in 2013. Additional floating platforms are in the planning phases.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
• Structural assessment of offshore jackets and topsides
• Troubleshooting structural,civil and marine system issues.
• Asset integrity program
• DCAF/PCAF program
• Scenario planning for floating structure weight management
• Design and project management of new decks,skids,and jackets
• Load planning for critical lifts,such as new decks being set from derrick barges
• Crane procurement and input to platform crane design
• Oversight of underwater diving annual forecast and activities
• Oversight of civil engineering contractors
Desired Skills Requirements:
Primary work will be in support of SEPCo Gulf of Mexico structures. Work may expand in support of Brazil and Alaska offshore operations and other future SEPCo developments as requested. The Civil Engineer will work under the guidance and mentoring of the SEPCo Civil Engineering and Diving Supervisor, Randall Abadie. He/she will also work closely with the P&T civil and marine groups in Houston.
- Bachelor's Degree: Civil, Mechanical, or Marine Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience required
- Preferred experience with offshore structures, floating structures, and structural analysis
- Knowledge of governing regulatory guidelines preferred but not required
- Project management skills are preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Louisiana (or other state(s) with ability to acquire Louisiana PE within 9 months) is preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise First values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process
- Communicate effectively with management, external bodies, and all levels of employees within direct organization
- Work through others to achieve results while mentoring and developing staff competence.
- Identify and implement effective courses of action to complete work and ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines
- Manage projects and processes effectively
- Demonstrated strong HSE performance management
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications and manuals
- Knowledge of Drilling, Construction and Production Operations- Proven leadership ability
Employment Type: PERMANENT
Hours: FULL TIME
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available