Updated: Apr 25 2013
||Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
||Waller, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Proposal Engineer - Waller, TXPrimary Function: To manage and develop process and mechanical design in the support of applications requests within the Production Equipment Proposal Department. The intent of the Proposal Engineer is to fully meet the client's process, schedule, safety, and quality requirements including alternatives as well as meet JW Williams's margin expectations. The Proposal Engineer will also direct the work of support personnel and vendors in proposal related activities and monitor the interface with Project Engineering and Project Management while ensuring requirements are complete as defined in the proposal.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Follow Company guidelines and procedures for proposal development and company approvals.
- Interacts with Proposal Department and Sales personnel to the point of order receipt while maintaining coordination with management and process engineering review.
- Collect Bid Documents from the client/customer and prepare accurate scope of work summary in order to obtain an approval from the direct supervisor for bid submission
- Participate in the pre-bid clarification meetings and raise all bid clarifications in consultation with proposal director, engineering support and the client.
- Proof-read and edit proposal content to ensure compliance with legal, technical and marketing specifications, grammar, format, punctuation and spelling
- Verify and check that the information mentioned in the proposal is practical, cost effective, and technically competitive and meets the client's satisfaction.
- Work with other departments Support the Projects Management Department.
Education and Experience:
a) Formal Education and Experience
- Engineering Degree and 3+ experience in developing Engineered focused corporate proposals. You should have a solid background in contract, bidding or proposal activities with good practical engineering background. Other Requirements:
- Proven analytical skills and ability to organize material.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication, with the ability to prepare and deliver concise, understandable reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to sit at a desk and utilize a computer for extended periods of time.
- Participate in the company safety program.
You'll probably be really happy here if:
- You have strong sense of personal accountability and have a history of doing things beyond the scope of your personal role.
- You're looking to contribute to our culture and roadmap
- You love working collaboratively
- You are high energy and low ego
- You're comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
Who is Stark?Stark has been engaged by our client to assist in locating and screening the most qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are precise in our processes, but inspired in our approach. We are committed to providing value - and most importantly - results.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available