Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 30 countries, $58 billion in annual revenue, $117 billion of assets, and approximately 16,900 employees as of Dec. 31, 2012. Production from continuing operations averaged 1,527 MBOED in 2012, and preliminary proved reserves were 8.6 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2012.
This position will provide technical expertise and services safety compliance and risk management of PSM and RMP designated assets across L48 assets.
Responsibilities may include:
- Serve as a focal point for process safety, risk management and PSM/RMP issues, qualitative and quantitative risk assessments, and hazards management process.
- Drive consistency in PSM/RMP processes, implementation and records management across facilities.
- Provide technical support in all PSM/RMP elements.
- Support the line organization as required in risk reducing measures.
- Monitor compliance performance of process safety related standards and procedures thru audits and metrics.
- Participate and/or lead PHAs and LOPA studies.
- Conduct process safety training, presentations as appropriate.
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and establish new tools to solve problems and improve performance.
- Interpret safety data, incident investigation results, etc and provide guidance and advice for improvement.
- Participate or lead incident investigations when required.
- Participate within HSE shared services to assist with related disciplines (crisis management, auditing, etc.).
- Evaluates L48 procedures to ensure applicability for Midstream operations, and develop midstream specific procedures as determined necessary based on RAGAGEP.
- Assist sites in closing of HSE action items
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Petroleum, Structural, or other Engineering degree
- 3+ years experience working in process safety management
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time
- Broad experience within the oil and gas industry, including downstream, midstream or upstream experience
- Knowledge and experience with formal process hazards analysis techniques including HAZOP, What-if Checklist, Human Factors, LOPA, etc.
- Proficient in process safety, industry codes and standards, safety system design and preferably will have operations experience including development of operating procedures
- Trained and experienced incident investigator
- Knowledge of OSHA and other safety related regulations and standards
- Strong leadership skills, confirms to SPIRIT values and has good communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to complete tasks through others
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 14, 2013.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an equal opportunity employer
Employment Type: PERMANENT