Summary: Under broad direction, this position acts as the first level of client interaction in order to sell opportunities in the oil and gas industry. This person will establish and maintain customer relationships as well as provide clients with all GreenField Energy Services (GFES) technology and service. Cooordinate meetings and prepares technical proposals and bids for service between GFES technical personnel and the client. Individual is expected to contribute to overall departmental goals and to provide assistance to operations, as needed. This role has responsibility that directly impacts the viability of the revenue received and the quality of service.
***Must have Oil and Gas Experience and spent time in the field as a Field Engineer.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
1. Develops, reviews bids and proposals with technical sales team and implements sales planning for the achievement of quarterly and annual revenue goal within sales department budget, and delivery of customer service within the sales function.
2. Provide customers with business solutions in the area of the provision of frac, coil tubing, pump down and other service solutions.
3. Reviews performance against sales plans and standards.
4. Presents sales reports as requested by the Vice President including status of leads, pending contracts, and lost opportunities.
5. Develops and presents sales proposals to current and potential customers.
6. Develops and recommends changes to sales policy, procedures and processes including marketing collateral.
7. Works closely with corporate function to ensure participation in appropriate industry trade shows and other industry organizations as required.
8. Collaborates with other business units of the larger corporation in generating sales leads and communicating customer plans and market activities.
9. Assists in recruiting, training and support of other Sales personnel as needed to establish required skill levels to meet customer needs.
10. Ensures integrity of all client contracts and related invoicing and follows up to be sure accuracy of invoices against approved proposals and bids.
11. Creates a continuous improvement culture for all business processes that support effective and efficient sales activities.
12. Keeps Vice President informed of issues, concerns, plans, accomplishments, and ideas.
13. Ensures a customer focused operation while working closely with all field operations to help ensure that customer solutions are achieved.
None may provide direction to more junior Account Managers.
Education and/or Experience
• B.S., Engineering discipline, Marketing or Business Administration. 10-15 years of technical industry experience may substitute for degree.
• A minimum of 2-4 years in oil and gas either in engineering, field operations or sales with significant experience in oil field services, particularly hydraulic fracturing and other well treatments preferred.
• Ability to foster credibility and trust in business relationships.
• Computer skills include word processing, advanced spreadsheets and presentations required.
• Experience with fracturing software highly preferred
• Good oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service orientation.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to build relationships with all internal company functions and potential customers.
• Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
• Strong understanding/desire to meet customer needs and achieve customer satisfaction
• Participative management type-advocates team concept.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature and persuasive...
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive with the ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A valid state driver's license and reliable transportation are a requirement of this job.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to regularly stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock associated with office machinery. The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions associated with visits to sand mines or customer sites. There may be occasional risk of radiation associated with use of computers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.