Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc
Updated: Oct 2 2014
||CAD/CAM, Engineering Technician, Mechanical Engineering, Solidworks
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the application of lean manufacturing principles in company operations, analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency, and any coordination with operations or facilities maintenance for physical plant resource issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, plan, direct, and coordinate lean manufacturing processes for production of product.
- Work concurrently with engineering to develop new products, ensuring that manufacturability and lean thinking is integral to the products' design.
- Apply basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in accordance with ASME Y14.5M:1994.
- Assist with the design and development of special equipment, tooling, fixturing, and/or evaluate or assist in the evaluation of special or new manufacturing equipment or processes.
- Confer with subcontractor suppliers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Troubleshoot defects and product failures, conduct root cause analyses, and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure quality control in accordance with the company ISO-9001:2008 Quality Assurance System (QAS).
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company HSE standards and procedures.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Write program of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along cutting path using Master Cam software.
- Write instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine based on tool selection criteria.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering Technology or seven (7) years of equivalent education, training, and experience;
- Experience with 3D Solid Modeling, CADD, and CAM software packages and advanced experience with CNC programming;
- Experience in developing and implementing Lean concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications software including Project.
- Five (5) years experience industry experience with manufacturing and machining processes.
- Syteline experience a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering Technology or seven (15) years of equivalent education, training, and experience;
- Advanced knowledge of 3D Solid Modeling, CADD, and CAM;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Lean principles
- Advanced experience in CNC programming;
- Ten (10) years experience industry experience with manufacturing and machining processes.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available