Novus Staffing Solutions
Updated: Apr 18 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Immediate need for an Oil & Gas Production Engineer with BS in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
5+ years experience in petroleum engineering work is required. Will be responsible for production optimization and planning in assigned areas. Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities for this position will include but not be limited to:
- Daily surveillance and evaluation of producing and injection wells in assigned areas, assuring that performance is maximized.
- Working as an active member of a multidisciplinary team, ensuring thorough communication between departments.
- Planning and design of production, remedial and other well operations as required to optimize asset performance.
- Make formal recommendations and perform economic analyses for recommended projects.
- Write procedures and justification for approved optimization / well intervention / remedial projects in assigned areas.
- Prepare concise reports and presentations as required for management.
- Provide engineering support for ongoing operations in assigned areas. May require regular travel to field locations.
- Analyze results of implemented projects and present same to peers and management.
- Identify and document best practices for production of horizontal gas wells.
- Work with Tunkhannock counterparts to identify, evaluate and implement new technologies that can aid in the production of shale wells.
- Identify underperforming wells/areas and recommend appropriate action so that the asset is optimized.
- Respond quickly to the needs of field personnel so that well production is maximized and downtime is minimized.
- Provide engineering support for various divisional initiatives and studies as required.
- Communicate effectively with field personnel and track projects that have been recommended.
- Track capital expenditures and LOE in assigned areas. Perform trend analyses, prepare forecasts and budgets as needed.
- Perform/oversee production-related administrative and regulatory duties as required.
- Understand and follow all safety practices.
- Requires proficiency with MS Office.
- Engineering degree required, Petroleum Engineering preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills considered mandatory.
- Must be eligible to work in the US indefinitely.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available