Updated: May 17 2013
||Sales and Marketing, Technical Sales
||Canonsburg, PA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Generate business and increase revenues at district level through sales of Weatherford products and services. Provide technical knowledge and support to customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work within an established geographical area to generate new business and increase revenues.
* Develop and maintain long term customer relationships.
* Develop and maintain contract with key decision-makers within customer base.
* Advise other sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation and sales of products and/or services of the company.
* May propose changes to products and/or services.
* Act as liaison between Weatherford and customers.
* Monitor and report drilling and work-over activity in the area.
* Provide input as to changing market conditions so as to assist with input in marketing strategy.
* Generate and submit bids to customers as requested.
* Relate field/customer problems to management so as to ensure speedy resolution.
* Travel to worksite to make sure equipment arrives and is returned and meets customer requirements.
* Provide input in the development of new products and services.
* May assist Sales Management with formulation of sales strategies and yearly budget.
* Requires to work on a 24 hours call basis.
* Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
* Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Proficient oral and written communication skills.
* Sufficient engineering or technical knowledge to make complex engineering and economic decisions to convince potential buyers of the practical value of the product or service.
* Ability to learn Weatherford equipment, products, and services as well as those of competitors.
* Self-motivator, self-starter.
* Should be able to work closely with fellow employees and customers.
* Requires 1-5 years Sales experience.
* Microsoft Office experience.
* JD Edwards experience.
* Field Experience considered an asset.
* Fishing tools experience and knowledge highly preferred.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available