||Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids, Sales and Marketing
||Base & Commission
||East & South TX or West TX or OK, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Active / Open
- Well-established, private company with significant growth opportunities.
- Leading manufacturer and distributor of a diverse line of specialty oilfield additives and chemicals, including polymer-based, water-based, and oil-based drilling fluid additives, cement additives, fracking, production and pipeline chemicals, and polymers.
- Work within an established geographical area to generate new business and increase revenue.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at retail mud companies and other potential customers.
- Generate and submit bids to customers as requested.
- Advise other sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the sales of products of the Company.
- Monitor and report drilling activity in the area.
- Provide input as to changing market conditions to assist with overall marketing strategy.
- Relate field/customer problems to management to ensure a quick resolution.
- Participate in the development of new products and services by providing your insights based on your experience in the field and customers' feedback.
- Assist Management with the development of sales strategies and annual budgeting process.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 5-10 years of oilfield sales experience.
- In-depth understanding of the various drilling fluid systems (i.e., water-based and oil-based mud systems) and the functional additives contained in them. Understand the changing technological needs of these systems and be able to articulate how chemical solutions address those needs.
- Ability to assist in the development and execution of the Company's oilfield chemicals strategy. Actively improve profit and cash flow through pricing, volume, product mix, formulation, A/R, and inventory optimization.
- Strong selling skills: strategy, preparation, follow-up, relationship-building, etc.
- Aptitude to forecast each customer's sales to help the Sales & Operations Planning group coordinate production planning with customer demand to ensure we meet our customers' delivery needs.
- Analytical thinker with strategic insight to put together seemingly unrelated pieces of information to develop a clear picture of any given situation.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to flourish in a fast-moving organization with goals of rapid expansion of the overall business.
- Flexibility to accept new responsibilities as required by the constantly evolving business climate.
- Team player.
- College degree preferred, but not necessary if meet qualifications detailed above.
- Mud School preferred, but not necessary if meet qualifications detailed above.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Willing to travel within regional territory (200 mile radius) approximately 50% of the time.
- Matching 401K plan.
- Health, dental and vision insurance offered to all employees.
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: North America