Dovre Canada Limited
Updated: Apr 30 2013
||Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Project Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary, AB, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following contract opportunity:
Job Title: Telecommunications Engineer
Group: EMIT / Infra. / Srvc. Proj. / Infrastructure Business Projects / Telecom Eng & Construction Projects
Location of Assignment: Calgary, AB
Start Date: ASAP
Provide project management for the design implementation, installation management of telecommunication/computing infrastructure and support on upstream projects.
Provide technical consultation, direction, standards compliance and quality assurance to engineering staff in support of design and construction activities for these new developments:
- Provide technical direction to engineering contractors on telecommunications & computing requirements.
- Conduct technical review of specifications, plans, drawings and procurement packages for new developments.
- Proactively coordinate Interface requirements with different EPC teams and between other EMIT computing groups including in-country support and central groups.
- Direct and monitor work activities of contractor and staff on all project activities.
- Quality control installations practice at site, and ensure project schedule is maintained.
- Team with EMIT support groups and project engineering groups to design new facilities and share knowledge.
- Provide mentoring and promote knowledge, judgment, and project management skills for less senior staff participating on projects.
- Project telecommunications and computing systems are key to the execution of project construction and operation.
- Adherence to professional design/construction standards and effective technical review of engineering contractor's work is key to telecommunications execution success.
- Transition of Development Company projects to the in-country production organization unit is seen as vital in maintaining the success of the computing infrastructure.
BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent, post graduate accreditation in applicable telecommunication technologies and project management
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Min 10+ yrs. in Engineering with 5+ yrs. Large Project Management role
SPECIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Experience and in-depth knowledge of technologies used in Telecommunications, particularly microwave, fiber optic cable systems, satellite, two way radio systems, PAGA and safety & security technologies. Previous experience and management of EMDC Telecommunication EPC contractors. Prior experience working in challenging environments.
- Must have strong project management skills (design, implementation, personnel planning and management, economic analysis/evaluation skills), and ability to proactively monitor and correct problems within a very complex development environment.
- Strong organization, team building, leadership and communication skills. Effective project planning and
- Very current knowledge of telecommunications & computing systems and depth of understanding and analysis skills necessary to make accurate and effective design decisions in very complex situations:
- WANs (Carrier services, Satellite, Microwave)
- General Radio Systems
- Voice Systems (PBX, Public Address etc)
- Hazardous area requirements (EXd, EXi, EXe)
- LANs (Wiring, Routers, Switches, Servers etc)
- Must be able to manage multiple, short timeframe, complex projects.
- Must possess the flexibility needed to effectively work in and with third world cultures, and to guide other less experienced staff within the same, without compromising results or standards.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience including in a project engineering role in an upstream project or drilling environment.
- Recognition as division resource in communications technology
- Previous history of effective staff supervision and project design/management.
- Flexibility, strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from anyone meeting the requirements for any position for which we recruit and welcome your questions regarding this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available