BP International Ltd
Updated: Mar 13 2013
||Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer, Production Engineering, Flow Assurance, Subsea, Operations
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Bunker Hill Village, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Flow Assurance Subsea Operations Team has an immediate need for a Flow Assurance/Subsea Operatins Engineer. The TH FA-SS Ops Team is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the subsea kit, managing the key interface between wells and topsides facilities, by:
* Monitoring the existing sub-sea/well/topsides performance,
* Understanding/communicating the operational risks in the field,
* Optimization support and troubleshooting.
Primary activities of this position will be:
* Subsea/Production system surveillance and analysis in relation to the identification of flow anomalies.
* Identify the root cause of problems and work to resolve them (defect elimination).
* Taking action on any identified anomalies to manage production constraints by interfacing with relevant disciplines/stakeholders (stakeholders include but are not limited to Offshore Operations, Base Management, Production Chemistry, Subsea Engineering, Corrosion, and the Riser/Flow-line Integrity Team),
* Hazard evaluation and communication of potential operational risks with the aim of minimizing potential operating downtime.
Safety and Operational Integrity
*S upport the BP company goal of safe, compliant, and reliable operations as the team manages the day to day operations and availability of the Thunder Horse subsea infrastructure.
* Identify, assess, and prioritize subsea risks in accordance with the company's hazard identification process.
Production and Operational Risk Management
* Investigate unplanned production losses and act directly on these losses by ensuring that relevant corrective actions are taken or owned by the relevant Function.
* Monitor key performance indicators (KPI's) for reliability and availability of the production kit and other layers of protection.
* Focus on plant and equipment constraints in order to drive production optimization (e.g. reduction of operating pressure within safe operating limits)
* Interface with other Thunder Horse Teams (e.g. Wells, Reliability & Maintenance, Engineering Services, Resource, Subsea, Global Project Organization, etc.) to effectively manage the entire Thunder Horse operations, both subsea and topsides.
* Accountable for production, technical review, and/or approval of operation procedures and guidance.
* Communicate the content of Risk Reduction Plans to the team to ensure appropriate implementation and understanding the actions to be taken.
- BS Degree in engineering
* Must have at least 3 years of Engineering or Operations experience.
* Must have at least 2 years of Subsea Engineering experience including at least 1 year of Subsea Operations Engineering experience.
* Proven track record of technical subsea engineering experience.
* Demonstrated commitment to HSSE and integrity with a track record of delivering successful business outcomes.
* Strong teamwork and communication skills
* Must be willing and able to travel to offshore platforms and on offshore vessels as required
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available