Talisman Energy Inc., headquartered in Canada, is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company with three main operating areas: North America, the North Sea, and Southeast Asia. As a subsidiary, Talisman Energy USA Inc has oil and gas operations strategically located throughout New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Talisman and its subsidiaries are committed to the health, safety, and security of its employees, contractors, and communities; and works to ensure its operations are carried out safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Talisman Energy Inc. is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (North America) and its Company shares trade on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges as TLM.
Title: Measurement Technician
Req Id: 18261
Location: Three Rivers, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: June 30, 2013
The Measurement Technician will perform routine maintenance on all gas and liquid meters, along with other tasks related to production measurement. This employee is expected to bring a high level of expertise to the role, with focus on safe production. This candidate will also reside with in 1hr of Tilden, TX to provide a reasonable response time to support operational challenges.
- Prioritize and coordinate daily tasks and challenges.
- Manages all repair work requests and routine measurement related activities within CMMS (MAXIMO). Execute work according to scheduled and planned activities.
- Ensure all safety and loss control requirements are maintained in synergy completed and closed.
- Maintain a critical spare parts inventory as related to Gas and Liquid measurement equipment.
- Strong trouble shooter and problem solver. Able to make quick, educated decisions based on accurate information.
- Follows management of change requirements as per company policy.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- As the ideal candidate would be certified measurement technician or equivalent certification, with a minimum 3 years working knowledge in gas and liquid measurement and instrumentation. Preferably experience in the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry. Other education and experience may be considered.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objectives.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair measurement devices.
- Maintain calibration & certification records for all test equipment..
- Actively participate in RCA's and improvement of facility's measurement Process's & PM's.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize work.
- Experienced in SCADA and PLC programs.
- Demonstrate the corporate Values: Honest Communication, a Bias for results, Respect, Excellence, teamwork, safety mindset, and Passion.
- High level of energy, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- A positive professional attitude and a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Assertive, polite, and tactful.
- Ability to negotiate and compromise where required.
- Knowledgeable in best practices for installation, construction and maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of local regulatory requirements.
- Skilled in word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software with the ability to learn new programs.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workloads while managing multiple concurrent tasks, sometimes under tight deadlines.
- Interact harmoniously & professionally with others in the organization including counterparts/ advisers at Talisman Energy.
Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in USA will be considered.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Employment Type: PERMANENT