BP International Ltd
Updated: Mar 8 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Bunker Hill Village, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This engineer will be accountable for developing an integrated program that includes material selection and design considerations, modelling, JIP representation to enhance our understanding, drive hardware/technology development and/or adoption, understanding of erosion/corrosion related events and the application of lessons back into technical practice.
- Ensure that engineering is undertaken with rigour
- Provide mentoring and coaching to ensure technical assurance.
- Participate in the Corrosion, Inspection & Chemistry Network (CIC) which engages in knowledge management and sharing of best practices.
- Be an authority on matters relating to erosion/corrosion technical practice, technology, standards and vendor performance.
- Understand and further develop the state of the art in your discipline by maintaining personal skills and participation in industry organizations
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities through the themes of Continuous Improvement and Discipline Excellence
- Act as discipline category Subject Matter Expert for technical practices in erosion/corrosion.
- Lead delivery of (rather than mere contribution towards) technical support provided to Operations and Developments
- Participate with impact on key EDR / PHSSER / HAZxx reviews;
- Lead or participate in incident investigation globally
- Demonstrate leadership and compliance with HSSE expectations
B.S. in Engineering or relevant Science discipline, related field or suitable work experience
* Broad range of technical skills and operations experience Oil & Gas, water, or power industry
* Proven ability to build networks both internal and external to the organization
* Experience in the development and deployment of staff at all levels
* Working knowledge of relevant industry and government standards.
* Demonstrated ability of effective team building with diverse groups of personnel, teams and disciplines
* High level of oral and written communications skills
* Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritizing abilities
* Keen business awareness and perception
* Experience in erosion management (modelling, control, monitoring and/or management.
* Experience in corrosion management (modelling, control, monitoring and/or inspection).
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available