Updated: Mar 4 2013
||Mechanical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||The Woodlands / Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Candidate will be responsible to provide technical quality support to The Woodlands inspection coordination team. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the routine and non-routine technical quality review of inspection reports, management of the customer satisfaction system, provide direct assistance on technical and quality matters (ex. ITP development) with the coordination team, and give technical support on large bids and tenders.
This position reports to the Technical Quality Manager of TIS / Vendor Surveillance within the Industry Services Division.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
• Technical Review of inspection and expediting reports, release notifications, NCRs and other various inspection related documents that are provided by our inspection team to our clients.
• Guide and assist the coordination team on technical questions and concerns.
• Execute internal or external quality investigations and provide corrective action training to coordination and support team, as required.
• Develop product and/or project specific ITP's and/or Quality Plans to meet client requirements.
• Provide technical support required by the sales and business development teams on technical information for large or important bids and tenders.
• Assist Operations personnel with the tracking of key metrics in an effort to improve service quality.
• Manage and facilitate the internal client complaint system to ensure proper usage, investigate the root cause, verify the corrective action and propose a suitable preventative action.
• Review the current and incoming technical specialist CVs and Pre Qualification Form for general technical qualifications and provide input on acceptability
• Assist in the rollout and implementation of new or strategic initiatives within the coordination and support team.
• Mentor less senior technical staff and perform other work as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years 3rd Party vendor surveillance experience, preferably to the oil and gas industry
• Should possess recognized professional certifications relevant to the business (AWS/CWI, ASNT, API, ASME, NACE, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Superior knowledge of oil and gas equipment such as pressure vessels, boilers, valves, pumps, compressors, etc.
• Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently where limited standardization exists.
• Clear understanding of basic procurement and fabrication processes with knowledge of relevant codes and specifications for the oil and gas industry
• Fundamental knowledge and experience with vendor surveillance / shop inspection.
• Must be self motivated with organizational and time management skills.
• High degree of personal integrity and the ability to collaborate with others in a team based environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Excellent leadership and management, mentoring and coaching skills.
• Ability to promote an effective working relationship at all levels and create a positive work environment.
• Ability to travel frequently throughout the continental US (up to 10% of the time) with occasional overseas travel.
• Proficient in MS Office programs, Outlook
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available