The Senior Reservoir Engineer will evaluate exploration and development projects, perform integrated reservoir studies and reservoir simulations, and provide best-practice workflow procedures in integrated reservoir modelling.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate business opportunities for oil and gas exploration, appraisal, and development projects in different environments,
onshore and offshore, clastic and carbonate reservoirs. Works include:
- Use input from multi-disciplinary team to formulate and support investment decisions and optimize project
- Perform economic evaluation of exploration prospects by building development scenarios with appropriate schedule,
capital and operating costs, subsurface parameters, production profiles, transportation and marketing, and risk
• Provide full evaluation of development options to justify project sanction decisions, including comparing alternatives from
technical and economic aspects.
• Perform reservoir simulations for exploration and development projects. Skills include fluid PVT, KrPc, upscaling, history
matching, uncertainty analysis and optimization, etc.
• Work and interact with different discipline members (geophysicist, geologist, petrophysicist, reservoir engineer,
production/facility engineer, project economist) and different business units or asset teams effectively.
• Use and integrate different methods to reach conclusions and recommendations in project decisions or project optimizations.
These methods include, but not limited to, the following:
- Methods to estimate volumetrics, production profiles, and cumulative productions.
- Reservoir engineering methods such as pressure analysis, material balance analysis, nodal analysis, PVT
characterization, KrPc modelling, reservoir quality and reservoir heterogeneity analysis, drive mechanism, recovery
method, recovery factor.
- Methods to estimate the ranges and rankings in volumetrics and recovery.
• Provide reserves estimations under SEC and PRMS guidelines. Use volumetrics, material balance, decline curve analysis,
etc. Interact with internal and external reserve auditors.
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend development method, enhanced recovery method, well location and optimization, infill
drilling opportunity, etc.
• Develop and provide best-practice workflow procedures in integrated reservoir characterization or integrated reservoir
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering or other relevant engineering. Master's degree preferred.
• A minimum of 15 years experience working as a reservoir engineer in E&P upstream.
• Some experience working in reservoir characterization teams defining best procedures or guidelines in integrating
• Experience and expertise in performing project evaluations in exploration, appraisal, and development in different
• Skills and software uses include (but not limited to): material balance (e.g., MBAL), nodal analysis (e.g., Prosper/GAP),
pressure transient analysis (e.g., Saphir), rate transient analysis, reservoir simulation (e.g., Eclipse, Petrel RE), production
database (e.g., OFM), economic evaluation (e.g., PEEP, Aries), development planning & cost analysis, risk analysis).
• Experience and ability in working and interacting with integrated study team members.