Updated: Feb 28 2013
||Environmental Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Denver, CO, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The GeoMarket Environmental staff position supports the implementation of Schlumberger environmental management programs in the GeoMarket.
The GeoMarket Environmental staff position normally reports directly to the GeoMarket QHSE Manager, and functionally to the Area Environmental Manager.
GeoMarket Environmental staff will develop and maintain strong working relationships with the entire GeoMarket QHSE team and with operations management within the GeoMarket
GeoMarket Environmental staff will identify, and develop professional & appropriate relationships with government, and customer personnel who have responsibilities for environmental regulation and management in the GeoMarket's operational area.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. To ensure that environmental considerations are an integral part of line management responsibilities and objectives.
2. To ensure that GeoMarket procedures for compliance with local environmental regulations, and with internal (Schlumberger) standards are current.
3. To ensure that the Environmental Performance Indicators for all sites within the GeoMarket are reported, and are reviewed for accuracy, in QUEST every month.
4. To perform quality control on QUEST environmental reporting (capturing, classification, RWP and follow up on closure rate).
5. To ensure that Site Environmental History Files in the GeoMarket are maintained, and contain all necessary information.
6. To be aware of any new development or update of Environmental Standard, technical guidelines and inform management and relevant personnel accordingly.
7. To assist line management and QHSE staff in monitoring performance versus GeoMarket and site environmental objectives.
8. To liaise with clients, third party subcontractors, and agencies regarding environment issues and other QHSE issues as required.
9. To assist in the preparation and maintenance of the site-specific plans, programs and procedures (including, but not limited to waste management plans and programs) as specified in the Schlumberger Environmental Standard, and to assist in the implementation (including training) required for those plans, programs and procedures.
10. To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training and active involvement of employees in prevention and by encouraging and facilitating the reporting of environmental hazardous situations by all employees.
11. To develop a constructive relationship with local environmental regulatory authorities.
12. To assist and develop site-specific in spill and emergency response efforts.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
For direct entry from outside SLB: undergraduate degree in environmental management, graduate degree in environmental management preferred.
For development from within SLB: experience of field operations, assessment as suitable candidate for QHSE leadership role.
Competencies to be kept current:
QHSE3, Environment Level 1, Environmental Level 2. Environmental Specialist, Environmental Auditor, QHSE Lead Auditor, HARC Level 3, and other job related certifications in QUEST.
- Leadership and teamwork
- Listening and interpersonal skills
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available