Pipestream® is a global leader in developing advanced technologies for streamlined, automated reinforcement of existing pipelines for the onshore oil and gas industry.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be working autonomously, he/she will report to the CEO and will work closely with the existing engineering team, as well as the shop technicians and operations manager. The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving existing equipment; working with R&D team to develop mechanical solutions to specific problems while leading the design, fabrication and commissioning of new equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work in Solidworks 3D CAD to create parts, assemblies and detailed drawings of new parts and components for new and existing equipment.
· Work with existing vendors, (e.g. machine shops) and in-house fabrication and machine shop to build parts in an efficient and cost effective manner for use by R&D and/or operations.
· Maintain existing documentation, machine operating manuals, maintenance procedures and schedules and write new documentation as required.
· Maintain existing BOMs, updating as required and create new BOMs for large new equipment.
· Lead all engineers, machinists and programmers to implement designs from drawings and plans, to develop operating procedures, to resolve system malfunctions, and to commission machinery.
· Perform hands-on work assisting and guiding electrical and mechanical technicians. Work will include both the construction of new machinery, and the support of and modifications to existing equipment.
· Work with control systems specialists to review and implement PLC-based control systems.
· Execute and check calculations of static and dynamic loads on operating machinery.
· Conduct research prior to build that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
· Estimate costs and submit bids for full engineering projects, and prepare contract documents.
· Manage significantly sized (1m to 3m USD) contracts for component detailed design, building, assembly and commissioning.
· All of the above may include travel to third-party premises for verification and commissioning.
· Management of project progress against deliverables.
· 4-year BSME or BSMET degree
· Advanced 3D modeling. Pipestream uses Solidworks.
· Detailed understanding of manufacturing operations, assembly scheduling and prototype tests.
· Strong experience with machine design, electro-mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and automation.
· Experience working in an R&D role where priorities and demands can sometimes change quickly.
· Experience in a PDM /ECR /ECN environment.
· Prefer experience in heavy machinery design and fabrication environment, with high-speed rotating
machinery, or outdoor ruggedized vehicles or plant.
· Must be a team player and an excellent communicator capable of working in and directing multi-disciplinary teams.
· Strong health and safety awareness and values, with a demonstrated track record of taking responsibility for work, value delivery, personal and team safety.
· Ability to travel domestic and internationally
NO AGENCY CALLS.