Updated: Mar 29 2013
||Drafting, Installation Engineer, Structural Engineering, Microstation, 3D, Cad, Marine, Engineering, Steel
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Jr. C/S Dsgr (Micro)
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Structural Designer (Microstation) ~ Houston, TX
• Provides "up to date" engineering advice and support to Transport, Installation Engineering, Projects and Sales.
• Answer inquiries or contracts through collection, analysis and use of all necessary information needed for a successful process.
• Prepare CAD drawings and/or animations, ensuring documents are checked and approved.
• Prepare structural plans, elevations and sections to represent the structural design layout.
• Must be able to utilize various drafting and CAD techniques with proficiency to produce drawing in a 2-D and 3-D environment for project requirements.
• Must be able to accurately draw structural drawings from sketches or specifications using appropriate symbols, terms, procedures and drafting standards.
• Prepares bills of material.
• Support other disciplines by providing CAD drawings and/or animation, according to industry standards and internal procedures and software requirements.
• Proactive in offering advice to ensure a safe and successful project execution.
• Assist in the development and improvement of CAD methods and tools. Provide support by contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of the business processes within the section.
• Analyze processes and working methods and initiating improvements.
• Associate's degree in Drafting/Design; concentrated background in mechanical technique, shipping, or marine engineering preferred. Relevant working experience may be substituted.
• Structural steel experience required
• Competent in Microstation required; AutoCAD also preferred.
• Knowledge of 3D structural modeling is a plus
• Position Type: Contract to Perm
• Pay Rate: $40-45/hr (DOE)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available