Updated: Mar 13 2013
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Responsible for varied design assignments requiring a broad knowledge of drafting and design for subsea projects. Solve problems using a combination of standards and company procedures. Develops detailed design drawings and related specification of mechanical and structural equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts
• Sketch rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface area, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes
• Apply Knowledge and use of weld symbols and where they apply
• Draft detailed multi-view drawings of structural, machine and subassemblies, including specifications for gear ratios, bearing loads, directions of moving parts and material properties
• Compile and analyze test data to determine effect of machine design on various factors, such as temperature, pressures, speed, horsepower and fuel consumption
• Modify machine or structural designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems
• Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
• Be familiar with Company HSE policies and procedures
• Share knowledge & best practice across the company
• All other duties as assigned
• Minimum Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Minimum of 5 years of experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in structural and mechanical drafting/design or related field
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD and SolidWorks. Equivalent knowledge in another 3-D modeling software package is acceptable, but SolidWorks experience is preferred.
• Requires individuals to be flexible and able to work autonomously as well as under direction
• Experience in mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic design of subsea products
• Proficient using AutoCAD in generating detail drawings and schematics
• Ability to produce complex technical design layouts and proposals
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available