Updated: Apr 12 2013
||Design Engineer, Drafting
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This company is currently looking for Mechanical Designers with 2+ years of experience with an associates or technical trade degree in Design and Drafting Technology. Previous knowledge of subsea completions systems and experience with AutoCad, Unigraphics, 3D and 2D and knowledge of ASME Y 14 and must be able to interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics. This role will perform medium level engineering principles and will support engineers by providing new or alternative design solutions and contribute to product development decisions.
The major responsibility areas involve:
• Learning the company's design practices, systems, processes and procedures
• Preparing advanced CAD detail and assembly drawings from sketches, mark-up prints and other reference manuals under the direction of senior level Drafters, Designers, Engineers
• Creates final drawings with complete dimensional data for engineering or manufacturing purposes and reviews for accuracy, completeness and conformance to drafting, applicable design, component weights and system standards
• Performs drawing review of upper-level detail drawings and assemblies
• Calculates dimensional tolerance requirements to ensure proper assembly fit and function according to design requirements
• Creates complete product layouts, working from detail drawings and sub-assemblies, final assemblies and BOM's
• Researches, plans, coordinates and propose original designs of mechanical products and systems
• Performs testing of prototype and production equipment
• Assists in conceptual customer design proposal, identification of application
• May prepare and check ECN's according to procedure, modify existing drawings
• Leads design drafting team or product group efforts on design projects, responsible for findal design, drafting check through release and project execution
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available