Updated: Feb 26 2013
||IT - Sys Admin & Support
||Indiana, PA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Position Summary: The IT Field Support Technician provides support to Nabors businesses and the directions of the Nabors Corporate Services Information Technology (IT) Department. The position reports to the IT Field Operations Manager and requires frequent contact with other IT personnel, other Nabors departments, field personnel, and various Nabors corporate departments.
• Regional support of remote offices for Nabors network equipment including routers, switches, wireless access points, computers, printers, and any Nabors IT owned hardware directed to be maintained or serviced at the direction of the Operations Manager.
• Support of the field communications package (satellite antenna, rig managers computers, etc)
• Assisting the IT Special Projects Coordinator with field testing at the direction of the IT Field Operations Manager.
• Tracking support issues in a call-tracking system and maintaining the knowledge base.
• Helping the IT Field Operations Manager identify recurrent issues and provide guidance on potential solutions
• Generating technical bulletins, documenting new software/hardware, and documenting changes to existing software/hardware.
• Setting up hardware/software for the purpose of testing new or changed products before they are released in the Nabors field environment
• Monitor field networks using myAnalytics and other tools available to Tier 1 support technicians to proactively report or address potential issues in offices and field operations in the technicians assigned region.
• Support level knowledge of the Windows 7 operating system.
• Technical writing skills.
• Tier 1 Support knowledge of networking and networking equipment. Must have demonstrable knowledge of basic troubleshooting.
• Experience and Educational Requirements: Must have graduated High School at a minimum. Must have 4 years of relate experience and a minimum of 2 years of project support experience preferred.
• Knowledge or experience of drilling rig operations and rig instrumentation will be viewed positively.
• Intermediate MS Office skills; MS Visio, and Process Documentation.
• Professional presence and demeanor.
• Ability to accurately prepare statistical and narrative reports.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to develop new ideas and work independently.
• Creative thinker and problem solver.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to interact collaboratively with internal and external clients.
• Position requires the ability to perform light physical work such as lifting and carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, squatting, kneeling and the use of a stepladder. Ability to travel by air or car to field locations and/or supplier sites as needed (not more than 5-10%) and climb stairs to inspect equipment.
• In the event of an emergency, the employee holding this position is required to work in accordance with the Nabors Disaster Recovery Plan. During or immediately following an emergency, the employee will be notified to assist in the emergency response efforts, and mobilize other staff members if needed.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available