Updated: Mar 4 2013
||Civil Engineering, Facilities Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) is accepting online applications for the position of Facilities Engineering Competency Coordinator located in Houston, Texas through March 15, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position is part of Chevron's Energy Technology Company (ETC) Global Knowledge Management (GKM) unit. This position supports the development of the global Facilities Engineering (FE) Function workforce technical learning and development programs.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Interacts with various groups (operating companies, strategic business units, ETC, and external alliance and vendor partners) to develop and provide structured guidance and tools for filling critical technical skill gaps required to support existing operations and facility projects.
- Coordinates work of FE Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop and upgrade Chevron and vendor provided training courses as well as reviews 3rd party training course content and instructor selections.
- Coordinates the identification of technical critical skills required to meet business needs and uses this as a basis for the development and upgrading of competency assessment for the various functions within Facilities Engineering including identification of suitable training and development activities for competency growth.
- Serves as FE point of contact to the Training Services Team which schedules and administers global training for Chevron.
- Bachelor's degree in any Facilities Engineering discipline (Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical)
- Minimum of seven years related experience
- Strong Facilities Engineering breadth of experience
- Experience in creating or updating technical competency development plans and technical training
- Experience establishing direction and driving results for projects that involve multiple work teams. These teams could include FE SME's, Instructional Design consultants and / or 3rd party instructors.
- Adept at identifying business solutions, engaging stakeholders and managing change
- Demonstrated skills in influencing change with teams not under their direct control
- Demonstrated good verbal, presentation and written skills
Experience in the Oil or Petrochemical Industry preferred
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available