BP International Ltd
Updated: Mar 8 2013
||Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Drilling engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Drilling Engineer of the future (DEf) will be accountable for learning about the various aspects of drilling engineering activities during well planning and execution. The DEf will be responsible for performance delivery in role, attaining the required competencies, and gaining the necessary on-the-job experience to successfully graduate as a Drilling Engineer at the conclusion of the DEf program.
Training will be conducted in any of BP's North American Operations. This could be anywhere in the lower 48 states, Canada, or Alaska. The program is based in Houston but will include rotational assignments to different field locations both in the US and Canada.
* Participate in a minimum of a 15-month intensive training program, to learn numerous aspects about the drilling of oil and gas wells in preparation for a potential Drilling Engineering position.
* Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply the highest level of leadership in Health, Safety and Environmental standards, practices and policies to deliver safe and reliable operations.
* Develop leadership skills to ensure all site personnel are aware of and comply with relevant governmental regulations and BP policies.
* Successfully complete the required safety, behavioural, and technical training
* During office assignments: Assist the drilling engineering team with well planning, lessons learnt capturing, performance improvement planning, and final well reporting
* Successfully complete the required On the Job Training (OJT) modules while at the rig-site
* During rig-site assignments: Assist the Well-Site Leader (WSL) on location with operations reporting, cost monitoring, and logistics operations support
A Bachelors degree in relevant engineering discipline.
* Previous engineering work experience (inside or outside of the energy sector) with demonstrated leadership skills
* A willingness and ability to travel, up to 50% of the time, to field locations in order to fulfill the training and field exposure responsibilities of this position .
* A willingness to receive training anywhere in BP's North America and Canada operations. The program will include work both in an office environment, as well as on challenging outdoor environments which may be remote and/or isolated.
* Proof of a valid driver's license with a clear driving record.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available