GL Noble Denton
Updated: Mar 18 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
GL Noble Denton offers world-class services enhancing the safety, integrity, reliability and performance of our clients' assets in the oil & gas industry. We develop and deliver innovative solutions throughout the asset lifecycle from conceptual design to asset decommissioning; provide a challenging, diverse and rewarding environment for our employees. To support our ambitious growth plans we seek the talented individuals who share our determination to be the very best.
We are currently seeking to fill the role of Senior Marine Surveyor- Houston, TX
The Senior Marine Surveyor will be assigned to projects with the task of ensuring quality and efficiency of our role as Marine Warranty Surveyor from project commencement (award) to completion. The SMS will interact directly with the client and is expected to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times while representing GLND.
In addition to good verbal communication skills, written reports will be prepared and submitted after every assignment requiring the SMS to be able to transpose the events of an assignment into print in a clear and concise format.
• Liaison with the Marine Manager, Dep. Marine Manager (TBD) and Marine Coordinator
• Take a lead and drive the development of the GLND Marine Warranty & Consulting business line in the USA and abroad.
• Assigned as Project Manager on Projects with a duration <1 month.
• Act as Assistant Project Manager on large scale MWS projects with a duration >1 month.
• Provide Marine Support where required and if able, even if outside his/her project, assignment or job description.
• Attend typical marine operations including, but not limited to, the following:
o Load Outs;
o Condition and Suitability surveys of various types of oceangoing and marine vessels;
o Installation attendance;
o Rig Move attendance;
o Damage Surveys;
o Cargo Surveys;
• Transportation and Tow Approval surveys;
• Procedure Review and Comment
• Have a thorough understanding of current GLND Guidelines.
• Ensure adherence to GLND Guidelines for Operations, HSE and Quality.
• Review deliverable documents pertaining to the assigned project or any other which it is deemed the person is a competent source of critique.
• Liaise with the client representatives and other project team members both within the GL Group and Client's Company.
• Quality control of reports and deliverables generated by the Marine department staff and consultants.
• Travel domestically and internationally for assignments up to 4 weeks at a time.
Technical /Professional Expertise
• Flexibility in working hours and being able to travel domestically and internationally when required.
• Computer skills including experience with word processing software and spreadsheets.
• May become certified Offshore Vessel Inspection Database (OVID) inspector.
• Familiar with the IMCA Common Marine Inspection Document (CMID).
• Bachelor's Degree from accredited university with 10 years work experience OR Technical Diploma with 12 years of work experience OR Unlimited Master Mariner's License OR Minimum 7 years experience as a marine surveyor for the oil and gas industry involving operations similar in nature as described above.
• Ability to completely undertake technical activities with limited supervision.
• Influencing with Impact - presents winning arguments with passion, conviction and commercial credibility.
• Methodical - ability to proactively plan and coordinate key activities.
• Excellent communication skills -including the ability to write clear and concise reports.
GL Noble Denton is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available