Updated: Mar 18 2013
||Sales and Marketing
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops plans to increase market share of assigned product(s) or market through communications with oil and gas companies consulting engineers, engineering firms and commercial/industrial companies
- Seeks out and researches prospective projects through established sales channels and recommends the development of alternate sales channels
- Drives the process for major project pursuit developing sales strategies with inside sales and external sales representative network
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with key purchasing influences
- Keeps company management informed of business conditions which may affect assigned product or markets
- Provides external leadership for the assigned product or market by actively participating in trade shows, equipment seminars and training activities
- Ensures that profit margins are maximized for the assigned product by offering opinions and strategies needed to successfully close orders
- Works with marketing and promotion, including advertising, review media.
- Tracks status of projects including reporting spreadsheets, and prepares monthly business activities and project status reports
- Maintains close contact with clients key person throughout the project development stage, proposal stage and the final selection process
- Where applicable procures RFQ, RFP and bid documents
- If required completes bid forms, bond requests, contract checklists, etc.
- Attends pre-bids and site meetings whenever necessary
- Assists in the development of written materials, proposals and price quotations
- Follows up, participates and whenever necessary will directly be involved and held responsible for closing projects and securing orders in accordance to company's guidelines
- Assists in project start-up to ensure all key elements of the proposal are met
- Performs follow-up with clients to ensure that performance of the product and company is satisfactory
- Assists in evaluation of lost projects in order to increase contract wins
- Bachelor's degree and 5 - 10 years related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business development and sales experience including making presentations to key management executives
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient at report writing
- Must speak and read English, Spanish would be an advantage
- Sales / marketing experience that is manufacturing related to engineered to order manufactured equipment
- Well rounded background with technical knowledge of up to five (5) years' experience in the marketing of rotating equipment, preferably selling to oil companies and EPC contractors
- Extensive knowledge of clients who use the equipment made to order by COMPANY as well as the oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation, plant oil and LNG industries
- Requires short or extended overnight travel approximately 30 to 50 percent of the time
- Based in Texas, The territory will include the Houston, U.S.A., Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, & Venezuela
You'll probably be really happy here if:
- You have strong sense of personal accountability and have a history of doing things beyond the scope of your personal role.
- You're looking to contribute to our culture and roadmap
- You love working collaboratively
- You are high energy and low ego
- You're comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
Who is Stark?Stark has been engaged by our client to assist in locating and screening the most qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are precise in our processes, but inspired in our approach.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available