BP International Ltd
Updated: Mar 8 2013
||Maintenance Engineer, Marine Engineering, BOP, Subsea, Rig maintenance, Integrity
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The successful candidate will join the Gulf of Mexico (GoM) Regional Global Wells Organisation (GWO). The Rig Maintenance and Integrity Team Leader will be accountable for overseeing the management of maintenance, integrity and modification of the BP-owned drilling facilities. This position will have direct reports who will be technical specialists in rig systems (electrical, control & instrumentation and mechanical systems). This position will report to the Rig Systems Manager and on occasions act as his delegate
- Confirm BP's HSSE Policy and Operating Management System (OMS) is followed
- Promote safety and compliance in all aspects of planning and operations, including performance.
- In conjunction with the Rig Systems Manager and Wells Operations/Engineering Managers set priorities for the rig maintenance team
- Drive plant and equipment reliability through maintenance or modification.
- Interface with the Rig Systems Subject Matter Expert, Riser Management, BOP Team, Wells Team Leaders and Drilling Contractor personnel.
- Responsible for oversight of structural checks using revised Metocean criteria and insuring hurricane preparedness through documentation of pre / post checks.
- Plan, schedule, and lead the work of the rig maintenance team (currently six engineers)
- Develop and setup new preventive maintenance and condition based monitoring tests as required
- Advise on maintenance and inspection frequencies and techniques
- Manage rig equipment maintenance and modifications including required recertification of major equipment.
- Support rig operations teams and drilling contractor for daily management of BP owned drilling facilities.
- Confirm risk management processes related to rig systems are in place and are effectively implemented
- Primary interface contact for drilling contractor and equipment service providers and OEMs with regards to BP rig ownership, contractual issues and performance expectations.
- Confirm consistent application of engineering standards and appropriate levels of standardization
- Support the application of the Engineering Technical Practices relating to rig systems equipment.
- Manage rig modifications and upgrades through the nominated engineering contractor.
- Prepare bid engineering support related to rig system design and prepare CTRs
- Monitor equipment failures and repairs, when necessary manage root cause failure analysis
- Assure adequate third party quality assurance and quality control.
- Confirm global best practices, learning's and best applicable technologies are incorporated into BP owned drilling facilities.
- Work with drilling contractor to mitigate HSSE incidents by implementation of maintenance programs, sparing philosophies, procedures and personnel equipment training.
- Review, select and approve rig equipment purchases and or service work repairs within DOA (Delegation of Authority).
- Work with PSCM to ensure all rig system equipment providers are identified and contracts / work releases are current.
- Confirm drilling contractor maintains maintenance procedures, spares inventory that are adequate for safe uninterrupted operations.
- Provide advice and technical support to Wells Teams.
- Develop rig equipment inventory and maintenance plan for PMF (Preservation and Maintenance Facility) in Houma.
- Assist drilling contractor to identify areas for improving uptime drilling equipment performance.
- Coach and mentor engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
- Liaison with internal BP and external rig system specialists.
A Bachelor degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering, maintenance or operation of drilling rigs with a minimum of 5 years associated with 5th generation new-build rigs.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisor experience leading a team of engineering professionals.
- Strong planning and design skills
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to perform cost estimation and risk analysis.
- Understand of reliability and risk mitigation in electro/mechanical/marine systems
- Understand maintenance/inspection management systems requirements.
- Understand of reliability and risk mitigation processes.
- Experienced in working with OEMs
- Strong commitment to HSSE in support of BP's core values of no equipment damage, environmental events or harm to personnel.
- Previous responsibility in an assurance role for the start up of a new rig demonstrating integrity of plant and competence of people.
- Strong background in maintenance to minimize downtime.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available