14 & 14
Must have T2 & TWIC
Must be capable of troublshooting and repairing offshore pneumatic control panels and systems. Knowledge of Safe Chart Analysis, API-14C.
Summary: E&I Pneumatic Technicians must have good mechanical aptitude and be familiar with construction practices. He must have the ability to layout and install stainless steel tubing, MPI and Autoclave tubing of various sizes and pressure ratings by using hand and hydraulic benders. He will work closely with and in support of immediate supervision and at times be required to handle small jobs with no supervision. Experience in the operation of scissor lifts, fork lifts and man lifts is a plus. The Pneumatic Technician must have good communications skills and a full working knowledge of all GIS E&I Health, Safety, Environmental and Administrative Policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Can demonstrate an understanding of company/ industry/occupation-specific safety standards and procedures i.e., GIS E&I Health, Safety and Environmental Policies, OSHA regulations, etc.
• Can demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of industry codes, standards and recommended practices i.e., API RP 14C, customer specifications, etc.
• Can demonstrate the ability to read and interpret Loop Sheets, piping and instrument diagrams, pneumatic control schematics, flow safety diagrams, blueprints and manuals.
• Can demonstrate the ability to bend various types to tubing in single lines and in groups.
• Can demonstrate the ability to install instrument stands, instrument air headers, tubing trays, cable trays, instruments, control panels, screw piping and steam trace.
• Can demonstrate familiarity with troubleshooting procedures, safety control systems, pneumatic control panels and PLC panels.
• Can demonstrate the ability to operate hand, mechanical and hydraulic powered tubing benders.
• Must have knowledge of high pressure valves, components and fittings.