Updated: Mar 18 2013
||Field Service Tech
||Midland, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Feeling like your hard work is not appreciated and you are stuck in the job that you have today? Well, here's your chance to join a dynamic company that is growing rapidly - and with their growth comes opportunities for you to advance quickly through promotions and higher pay. Our client is a diversified water management company serving the oil and natural gas industry. They provide their services to, and have contracts in place with, the largest oil and natural gas well operators. They currently have operations in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and North Dakota. Our client operates under three primary business lines:
- Providing targeted production-based saltwater disposal wells and gathering systems to the top oil and natural gas well operators.
- General contracting and project management services for saltwater disposal well drilling and construction.
- Reducing well operator costs by implementing water treatment sites or by providing mobile water treatment units.
We are currently looking for Field Technicians with at least 1 year of water or oilfield experience to come and join our rapidly growing team in Midland, Texas! This position is located out in the field and will include some manual labor, as well as working with chemicals. Here's what you will be doing…
- Check incoming water from trucks for acceptable levels of solids and fluid type
- Record data from truck tickets on daily log and maintain accuracy
- Conduct hourly walk around to check meters and gauges on equipment
- Make sure daily operations is in compliance with EPA and OSHA regulations
- Verify that all equipment is running properly and notify management if there are issues
- Maintain daily housekeeping at the worksite
- Provides customer service
- Comply with general policies and procedures of the company
- Running hoses
- Assisting in the movement and relocation of trailers at the job site
- Must have the ability to lift and handle up to 50 lbs.
- Responsible for the outside maintenance of the site, including cleaning up, ensuring everything is neat and clean and put away in an orderly fashion. This portion of the role will be approximately 55 percent of the job.
- Pulling of samples and inoculating serial bottles. This specialized training will be provided and can take from as little as 3 days or up to 2 - 3 weeks depending on work flow.
Other things you might want to know…
- You will be required to wear specific safety equipment including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses, Fire Retardant Clothing (FRC) and safety gloves when you are out on the site. All FRC clothing will be provided for you by the company.
- You must always have a HAZMAT suit, a respirator, rubber boots, and rubber gloves available and you must wear it when completing this portion of the role.
- You should either have or must be able to be certified in the successful use of a Respirator. You will also have Pulmonary Evaluation in addition to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen. If you already have a current Certificate that is not expired, that would be a plus. The company will provide this for you if you do not have it.
- Some college (chemistry/biology interest) is preferred. High School diploma or GED required and 12 months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful candidates will have strong reasoning ability along with the ability to think on one's feet.
- Ability to read, write and use simple math.
What you get by joining this company…
- Eligibility (based on performance) for 2 promotions and 2 raises within your first year of employment
- Employer pays 95 percent of employee health benefits (only $6.50 per pay period out of your check)
- Significant overtime opportunities to boost your overall income
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided by the company / employees provide their own steel-toed safety shoes
- Opportunity to join a vibrant, rapidly growing company where you can establish a long career
Who is Stark?Stark has been engaged by our client to assist in locating and screening the most qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are precise in our processes, but inspired in our approach. We are committed to providing value - and most importantly - results, to our clients and candidates.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available