BP International Ltd
Updated: Mar 8 2013
||Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Well Engineering, Rig Engineer,
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
BP Exploration is looking to recruit a Rig Engineer within the Global Wells Organisation. The role will be part of the central Well Engineering Rig team. This position will be located out of Houston (USA) or Sunbury on Thames (UK). The successful candidate will report to the Rig Lead Engineer. The role will require the candidate to work closely with Regional Wells teams, Drilling Contractors and third party suppliers of services and equipment.
The successful candidate will work with and provide support to a Rig Lead and the Regional GWO teams in the start up of rigs in the BP fleet. The role will focus on Rig Start Up Assurance process and in particular rig modifications, safety critical equipment management and integration of operational requirements. These will be delivered whilst ensuring quality design and compliance with standards on issues related to rig plant, people and process.
* Assist Rig Lead and Regional GWO team with the development of the Rig Start Up Plan.
* Organise, facilitate and document Well Operations (e.g. Drilling, Completion, Subsea) interface meeting regarding outfitting of the rig.
* Participate in the selection of rig 3rd party services and equipment contracts (e.g. ROV, MWD, Mudlogging, Cement, etc.)
* Organise, facilitate and document interface meetings with 3rd party service and equipment providers, BP functional disciplines and rig contractor regarding outfitting of the rig.
* Responsible for coordinating the installation of 3rd party services on the rig.
* Support the identification and planning of the installation of communications and networking systems on the rig which will be used by BP and 3rd party personnel.
* Support installation of 3rd party equipment and communication systems at the rig site.
* Responsible to monitoring and communicating the completion progress of BP modifications to the rig to the team (BP and 3rd party companies).
* Actively participate in equipment quality assurance work for owner, operator and 3rd party provided equipment.
* Responsible for maintaining and reporting on the BP rig modifications budget specific to each Variance Order.
* Actively participate in the integrity assurance process that will be applied to the delivery and start-up of the rig.
* Participate and contribute to on-going risk identification and mitigation efforts for the rig,
* Will use the GWO Well Engineering shared site as the definitive collaboration tool for all rig documentation.
* Will access, capture and share learnings on an on-going basis using BP Knowledge Management tools.
* Will be expected to organize Peer Reviews and Peer Assists where and when required.
* Know the specifics of the rig IADC equipment list and carry out analysis to ensure gaps in requirements are identified and resolved so there are no delays or missing equipment when rig starts-up.
BSc or equivalent in Science, Technology or Engineering
Oilfield experience with experience as Rig Engineer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available