Sales Representative coordinates the efforts of the Sales, Operations, and Field Representatives to provide a seamless flow of operational and technical information between the company and its client base.
Support the outside sales representatives in coordinating job information and data before and after the job. This position requires constant accessibility for the field sales and operations teams during normal business hours. Must maintain contact with the client in order to insure all information and data required before a job is obtained in a timely fashion and all data the client requires after the job has been delivered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct sales contacts and consultations in client offices only when warranted.
- Establish and maintain client relations to facilitate timely flow of all compulsory data required to accurately perform tracing and logging operations and post job analysis.
- Man the office phone during normal work hours and be available through pager and/or cell phone outside of normal work hours.
- Relentless pursuit of whatever information is needed all jobs to provide the customers with the best possible value in completion diagnostic services.
- Prepare and submit activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Keep Sales Manager informed of competitive sales techniques, products, and services.
- Consult with clients to assist in job planning, post job analysis, and offer technical advice and solutions where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of new innovations in the industry through active participation in professional societies and ongoing educational opportunities.
- Other duties, tasks, or projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Five years experience in the one of the areas inspection industry, laboratory or marketing. Must be computer literate. Capable of using Microsoft Office, including Excel. Position requires being on call 24 hours, 7 days per week.
- Must exercise independent judgment. Must be proactive and have an enthusiastic approach. Ability to interact effectively with client and company personnel seeking information.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must have excellent communication skills.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.