Posted:Feb 13 2013
||Accounting or Finance, Oil and Gas Accounting
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Williston, ND, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,700 dedicated employees partner with natural resource and industrial companies who share our values and work with them to create a sustainable future. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture. We maintain a strategically located network of more than 95 state-of-the-art waste management facilities and a fleet of specialized equipment and assets to help customers address production and operational waste challenges. Our highly effective, convenient and environmentally sound solutions help minimize environmental impact and maximize returns.
A privately-held company, we've been known for the past 25 years by the brands of our founding companies: CCS, Hazco, Beck, Concord and others. By joining together our individual expertise, experience, assets and services, we will be uniquely positioned to develop integrated project management solutions and provide customers easier access to our broad range of comprehensive services.
Responsible for day to day accounting functions (Training, Supervision, Internal Controls, Processes, of accounting staff in order to meet accounting deliverables) with an organized planned approach.
The core areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
Billing and Invoicing
• Coordinate and assist to ensure Accounts Receivables are properly maintained.
• Support business unit staff in correctly invoicing and billing receivables.
• Actively participant in the integration, coordination of current invoicing systems.
• Reconcile A/R and A/P accounts at each month-end
• Assist US Collections and help reconcile any unapplied payments
• Ensure accurate and timely capturing of field data for billing
• Coordinate monthly/quarterly tax payments
• Support Payroll functions related to the accounting responsibilities
• Review / reconcile job cost when and as required to help track AFE projects.
• Assist in the monthly duties of closing, reconciling the Company by supporting the Division Controller
• Ensure all EDI invoices are entered and tracked for your facilities
• Ensure process documentation is continually updated and correct.
• Meet with Administrators and Facility managers to encourage open and honest communication
• Ensure all internal and external customers needs are understood and make every effort to align them will accounting roles and responsibilities
Personal and Professional growth
• Continue to train and lead by example
• Communicate up and down organization as required to inform and educate about challenges and impediments with an eye to the future
• Become Subject Expert on PeopleSoft and related ERP modules
• Ensure skills and knowledge are current
General Position Expectations:
• Actively support and manage the day to day accounting operations.
• Lead and guide both our administrative staff and customer's staff on issues that affect them.
• Special projects as they are assigned
• Establish roles, responsibilities to meet daily, weekly, monthly accounting deliverables and maintain those standards,
• Nurture positive corporate culture, and develop personal leadership
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Controller are not limited to those listed above, but also include any additional duties and responsibilities that are assigned by the Company from time to time.
• Sound knowledge of accounting principals
• 5-10 years financial accounting experience.
• Oil and gas operations knowledge (Strongly Preferred)
• Understand Electronic Data Interchange software and business processes
• Above average communication skills
• Work well with team members
• High level understanding of Producer processes and administration
• Excellent ability to educate and transfer knowledge
• Ability to travel to customer and Tervita locations when required
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check as applicable by position. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of these pre-employment processes.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available