Updated: Feb 21 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||CC30 - LUTEXT
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Must hold a valid work permit or visa for the Canadian.
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Business Sector: Engineering
Reporting to the Lead engineer and/or Project manager, the Senior Project Engineer will act as a technology lead or project execution lead for a small project or area of a large project involving implementation of customized complex and/or large standard automation engineering solutions.
• Support the implementation of projects in line with Global Project Methodology objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital, and safety performance
• Supervise and provide technical leadership to engineers and/or technicians from a single engineering discipline
• Execute work packages compliant with instructions defined in the work packages and within budget and schedule
• Participate in project planning and execution to determine scope of work, and estimate project costs, resources and timelines for delivery of projects
• Support Lead Engineer in designing automation technical solutions within a design discipline in accordance with client specifications
• Provide technical support to internal and external personnel as required
• Resolve technical issues identified during work package processing to achieve continuous improvement objectives
• Maintain quality assurance of work performed by the Implementation Teams
• Monitor and report work progress of all engineering work packages to the Project Lead or Project Manager on a weekly basis
• Six years of process automation experience
• B.Sc. in Electrical, Computer, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering (emphasis on Process Control an asset) or Instrumentation/Controls Engineering Technologist Diploma
• Ability to manage technical project delivery of a small team (typically 3 - 6 engineers within an engineering discipline or project areas) and mentor junior staff
• Leadership and organizational skills to coordinate multiple complex scopes and guide Implementation Teams through a project cycle
• Work independently and within a team environment
• Successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Lutech Resources specializes in Staffing Solutions in leading Engineering companies around the world. Our global experience and local expertise allows us to safely deliver superior results even in the most challenging environments. Whether you are looking for a contract assignment or direct hire position, Lutech Resources provides you with the unique opportunity to be supported by its vast network of energy companies and an international community workforce. We are confident that we can find the perfect opportunity for you. Our success comes from our dedication to providing you with the right job that is the right fit for you.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available